Would you recommend Park West to live in

shortstop

Relatively quiet and safe, apartments are generally quite big. Only downside I can think of is not much options for broadband which is currently driving me crazy :mad: Imagine wimax is c.€40 per month for only 8Mb and it rarely reaches that speed. Last I checked, Smart don't provide wifi (need separate wireless router which was a nightmare to set up when I was with them.

Relatively quiet and safe, apartments are generally quite big. Only downside I can think of is not much options for broadband which is currently driving me crazy :mad: Imagine wimax is c.€40 per month for only 8Mb and it rarely reaches that speed. Last I checked, Smart don't provide wifi (need separate wireless router which was a nightmare to set up when I was with them.
Soooo I take it there's no upc / eircom / sky ????

Speaking of which, what's the tv situation? A monopoly type system like in other apartment blocks around the city?

walking life

Used to be a monopoly situation with the dreaded Smartvision, but a few years back a communial dish was installed so now Sky is avaliable.

Parkwest advantages:
1. Generous sized apartments.
2. Good security.
3. Good public transport options.

Disadvantages:
1. Limited parking - officially 1 allocated car space per apartment, irrespective of whether it is a 1, 2 or 3 bed.
2. Lack of local shops - there is a Spar a short walk away but it has limited Saturday hours and is closed on sunday.
3. I'm an owner-occupier surrounded by rental apartments and up until 2011 I did have an issue with excessive noise from some neighbouring apartments, but I have had almost no problems since then.

Used to be a monopoly situation with the dreaded Smartvision, but a few years back a communial dish was installed so now Sky is avaliable.

Parkwest advantages:
1. Generous sized apartments.
2. Good security.
3. Good public transport options.

Disadvantages:
1. Limited parking - officially 1 allocated car space per apartment, irrespective of whether it is a 1, 2 or 3 bed.
2. Lack of local shops - there is a Spar a short walk away but it has limited Saturday hours and is closed on sunday.
3. I'm an owner-occupier surrounded by rental apartments and up until 2011 I did have an issue with excessive noise from some neighbouring apartments, but I have had almost no problems since then.
Cool, thanks for the reply, and for the honesty. So there is the option of sky tv? What about broadband services?

walking life

Yes - sky is an option. You simply ring up their local agents and a guy will turn up with a drill (to make a small hole for the wire connection) a Sky box and card and you are connected. I don't use Sky anymore as I wanted to save money but at the time (about 1.5 years ago) it was costing me 55 euros a month for the full TV package plus movies.

I use Digiweb for my broadband - they are the current incarnation of Smart. I'm not a heavy net user, just the occasional download from itunes so I find the broadband speeds fine for me. I've no idea on broadband options as i've never bothered with anyone else.

concertcol

Digiweb do 25mb Broadband with wireless router in parkwest. I work from home and find it reliable.