Windows Cracking for no particular reason

Tom_holywell

Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue.

A couple of years ago the inside pain of glass on my window cracked in the early hours of the night. Due to the noise i woke up and noticed the window.

This evening same thing happened back window this time inside pane of glass cracked in both places from top to bottom.

Is this caused by structural movement or temperature (air) between outside and inside pane?

Its very disapointing for this to occur again because replacing the windows in my house does not come cheap.

Thanks
Tom

drag0n79

Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue.

A couple of years ago the inside pain of glass on my window cracked in the early hours of the night. Due to the noise i woke up and noticed the window.

This evening same thing happened back window this time inside pane of glass cracked in both places from top to bottom.

Is this caused by structural movement or temperature (air) between outside and inside pane?

Its very disapointing for this to occur again because replacing the windows in my house does not come cheap.

Thanks
Tom
Steve, you must be the unluckiest man in Holywell, the amount of issues you claim to have had. Are you sure your house is not built on an old Indian cemetery?
Most likely cause for you is temperature difference. Structural movement can cause this but you would see other indicators if that were the case. Is it an opening pane or a non-opening pane that cracked?
Your house insurance may cover this unless it looks like you cracked it yourself.

Last edited:

Tom_holywell

Hello dragOn79

Its Tom, yes i am very unlucky...

It is a non opening pane.
I had someone out tonight to look at it and they were baffled too.

between this and i think what could be air lock in down stairs toilet causing a vibration after its flushed.
i think im going to sell soon and get out..
last night made my mind up....sick of the issues at this stage.

rang insurance company as i paid for an add on this year with my home insurance, its called home rescue i.e if a window breaks you are covered for up to 200 euro.

i rang today and they said because 2 panes did not crack and because only 1 pane cracked i do not qualify for this add on that i paid for.

absolutely ridicolous from the insurance company....i give up now.