What stage is your house at?

DamianM

Hi Tina,

We're buying in the Crescent - we expect to be in at the end of the year. Apparently the kitchen is being fitted in mid-October.

How about you?

tina_cork

Hiya Damian!
We've bought in the Crescent too! We were told when we bought last December that we'd be in by this December so here's hoping! Havent been to see the house in a while now though.

deirdremcardle

we've bought in The Fairways and are kind of hoping they take their time with our house! Is it definite that all houses are handed over by Christmas?

Sawyer

I bought in crescent. I think house will be ready by christmas but after snag and handover, signing etc. In by late jan

cork_Red

Progress

I was down at Castle Rock on saturday and the fence has been moved back, opening up all of "The Mews" and "The Avenue" up as far as No. 14.

And from the CIE website:-
A Public Inquiry will be held into the application by CIÉ for a Railway Order from Tuesday 31st October to Friday 3rd November 2006 at the Midleton Park Hotel, Old Cork Road, Midleton, Co. Cork. Residents, landowners and other interested parties who wish to do so may appear before the Inspector to voice their opinions and to put forward questions on the project as a whole and cross examine the project team.

The consultations for the changes to the Midleton to Carrigtwohill road (M25?) have already taken place and I was told by an engineer that they were going to put the plans up on the Co Council website last month, but no sign of it yet.

abrown15

Red said:
And from the CIE website:-
A Public Inquiry will be held into the application by CIÉ for a Railway Order from Tuesday 31st October to Friday 3rd November 2006 at the Midleton Park Hotel, Old Cork Road, Midleton, Co. Cork. Residents, landowners and other interested parties who wish to do so may appear before the Inspector to voice their opinions and to put forward questions on the project as a whole and cross examine the project team.

The consultations for the changes to the Midleton to Carrigtwohill road (M25?) have already taken place and I was told by an engineer that they were going to put the plans up on the Co Council website last month, but no sign of it yet.
I guess the railway line will go ahead regardless - I know of someone who works for one of the project management companies on the Amgen site whos project is specifically the train station at the IDA site in Carrigtohill and Amgen has also requested it's own stop (I am pretty sure of this, but it was discussed over beers so I may have picked it up wrong) - The road changes could also be at Amgen - they are building a fly-over and their own exit from the N25.

cork_Red

The road changes are, to close off all the median crossovers and side roads and replace them with local feeder roads (parallel to the N25) to two new interchanges. One at Burgesland for Amgen and one at Waterock for midleton, connecting into the new castlerock road and over the existing flyover. The current two N25 entrances to castlerock would then be closed.

abrown15

art said:
Has any work actually started on the Amgen plant yet?
There are lots of people standing around on the site not much evidence of much work though!! The recruitment has already started for senior management and I know that they are also looking for validation people.

sburs

Hello All..
Was on to Jill yesterday who told me my house no.11 (the avenue) will be ready for snagging by the end of this month. There are no delays with it. She also told me that no.1 and 2 the avenue are ready for snagging and that all they need to complete them are the kitchens from celtic. I know my plumber is doing his second fix on my house this week.
Jill also told me of the importance of getting in touch with ones solicitor to arrange the drawing down of money as soon as Castlelands informing us that house is available for snagging. She said that many people have missed out on the €1k rebate as they haven't realised how long it takes to draw down money from mortgate provider..

cork_macer

Red
There were 2 rebates available, one at the outset to encourage contracts to be returned quickly (this was worth €500) and another at closing (worth €1,000) if funds are paid within a certain time limit of the house been completed. 7 Days was the standard time limit on closing (although if you had a good Solicitor they should have requested an extension to this time when contracts were being exchanged).
Can confirm that Castlelands immediately paid the rebates when the time limits were met.

cork_Red

Village Magazine

There is a couple of articles in this weeks Village Magazine titled "Controversal Rezonings in Cork". I got a bit of a shock when I saw the photo of the Castle Rock entrance under this heading.
The first about rezoning of greenbelt land owned by Castlelands in Garranedarragh, Bishopstown.
The second is about the Counsellor responsible for rezoning Baneshane who then was given the business of selling the houses in his private bussiness as an auctioneer.

tina_cork

Visited the house last week and we were told it should be ready in the next 4-6 weeks. Although by the time snagging is done & paperwork, im thinking we wont be in until the end of January anyway :)

ladyofthecastle

Hi all, we got the all clear for snagging in the Mews end of October just 12 months after signing but there was 5 pages worth of snag... 2nd snag was done on November 13th so I expect that this will be completed soon and we are only a matter of weeks away from getting the keys...
As some other people noted, the biggest delay was with the kitchen (not what we had requested and not completed by the time of the 1st snag list) and the gas meter (not installed at the time of the 2nd snagging even though I had been told by Jill that it was.Twice.)