Wednesday night

barca

Whoever was the muppet smashing the front window of the apartment door to get in the door of the building, to the right of the entrance on 23/05/07 wed night at 4.30am. Please have some bloody respect for the place and respect for your neighbours. A$$hole !!
I should have called the gardai and got you arrested but i was talked out of it !

'nutter

What a tool.

I dont think it is a crime to break your own widows or doors but the gardai could have saved them several hundred euro if they had just bothered to call them....

The thoughts of sharing the develpment with someone that thick......

barca

It was not his window to smash as it was the main entrance to the apartment block. That bloke is an a$$hole ! My car window got smashed in about 4 months ago and if it came from a bloke like that i would kick the you know what out of him !

dublin13_J_C

Breaking of Windows and other forms of Hooliganism

Barca,

For what my advice is worth to you, you should not hesitate to call the Gardai to report such people as you observe causing damage, and you should report it to the Managing Agent also. When I was a Director of the Management Company, we estimated that about € 10,000 per annum was being generated in Avoidable Costs prior to 2008, and at least since 2005, arising out of damage caused by such Hooliganism. Put that another way - that is about € 60 per Owner per annum.

Because the Perpetrators of such damage were not tracked down - such as in the instance you refer to - then all Apartment Owners were paying for the actions of a few Hooligans - this at a time when Owners were already complaining that Service Charges were too high. Things have improved quite a bit since the CCTV System was implemented - eg, we immediately knew who caused € 16,000 of damage to the Gate in 2008 - but even so, it is still really important that every Resident 'takes ownership' of reporting such Incidents to both the Gardai and the Managing Agent, because no CCTV System covering such a large area as the Grattan Wood Campus will ever give a 100% Coverage Footprint, 100% of the time.

In contrast to the view of your Friend, "Mackman", I do not post on this website to "Lecture" anyone, but rather to correct some misinformation and incorrect perceptions which are evident here, and also to offer my advice, based on my experience of running the Management Company for 3 years. Also, each Apartment Owner - each Company Member - has the right to offer its input to the Management Company, and also to intervene with Incidents such as the one you observed. And indeed, Tenants can do likewise, although Tenants have no Contractual Relationship with the Management Company.

Even as an ordinary Company Member, I will continue to offer my own advice to the Management Company when I believe that they are doing things which are not in the general good, and my advice is also available to any Resident at Grattan Wood - Owner or Tenant - as I believe that if people are well-informed, then the Quality of Living at our Development will benefit as a result - certainly, I don't want to see the 'Lunatics running the Asylum' again, such as was the case up until 2007, when Hooliganism at Grattan Wood was out of control. Hopefully, most Residents will agree that thinigs are generally much better now.

Regards,

John Clancy.

Whoever was the muppet smashing the front window of the apartment door to get in the door of the building, to the right of the entrance on 23/05/07 wed night at 4.30am. Please have some bloody respect for the place and respect for your neighbours. A$$hole !!
I should have called the gardai and got you arrested but i was talked out of it !
we had one of those assholes 2 weeks ago in our block,this place is gone so bad,its full of scumbags and because of that its allways full of cops,i used to like living here ,but not anymore,we have had our letterboxes smashed in and windows smashed,its gone to hell