Water Pump in hot press

kilnsb4

Got a nasty surprise on Thursday
The motor gave up the ghost and the pump needed to be replaced cost me almost €1,000
According ot the plumber these units have a life span of bewteen 5 and 8 years.
As most of us are in the Kilns 5years might be no harm to get someone to give it a once over.

Lenguy

Internal water pumps

Got a nasty surprise on Thursday
The motor gave up the ghost and the pump needed to be replaced cost me almost €1,000
According ot the plumber these units have a life span of bewteen 5 and 8 years.
As most of us are in the Kilns 5years might be no harm to get someone to give it a once over.
Elements of these pumps do give trouble over time, and may require replacement. The PCB being an common example. However to have to replace the entire pumps sounds excessive at this relatively early stage.
The hard water in the area doesn't help, and can mean that the impellers seize up from time to time. A tap of a hammer on the side of the unit can sometimes free it up.
Be careful who you engage to advise you regarding the life of your pump. There are rogue operators out there, who are looking to sell expensive pumps to people, who's vulnerabilities they target. People who are clearly not technically minded are most at risk.

kilnsb4

Unfortunately the motor siezed not repairable
Good friend of mine looked after it so no vulnerabilities here.

Just wanted to make people aware maybe if someone can have a look at it now they might get a few additional years out of it.

Hopefully the PCB and impeller pointers are of use to someone unfortunately no help to me :(