Waste Management

Minnie~dip

I've just been downstairs in one of the bin sheds and after having had to endure the noise of the waste management company trawling the bins out for the afternoon I assumed they would be empty.

The bins were empty thankfully - but there is a trail of rubbish & glass from the bin shed to the gate. The newsletter today has aimed the blame of the state of the bin sheds (possibly other areas too) with the residents - but although the bins were full and some bags were not actually in the bins, which granted is becoming the norm as the bins are always full - it was not in the state it currently is in.
Besides the trail of random pieces of rubbish, there is a broken bottle just inside the door, and by the recycle bins there are rotten vegetables - so now a welcome mat for vermin has just been put in place.

Also can anyone tell me when are the bottle bins emptied? Is it the same company? They never seem to be empty - now maybe there is a massive drink culture in the development - but there is too much glass all over the floor, and it does pose a safety issue - would bigger bins be a requirement?

Just some thoughts on the matter -its a bit of a mess down there, and I'm terrified of having to encounter vermin down there :(

dublinem

This problem does not just seem to be in the basement of the apartments but also in the bin areas for the houses. Dirty nappies lying on the ground, amongst rotting food other rubbish. I quite agree that this is just an incentive for rats and foxes etc.... Will better 'management' by the management company be a new years resolution for 2010?