Trading up to move to Castlerock

Sawyer

Anyone out there caught in the selling game. Since McDowell mentioned that stamp we have been caught in a time warp. Finger crossed we can get Sale Agreed next week. Feb supposed to change. We have even dropped our original guide price by 15K.

Double mortgages looming.

deegs

Yes, we had our house on for 4 months with one auctioneer + 3 viewings.
We changed auctioneer, and had sale agreed within 3 weeks. We droped our asking also by 10K but could have reclaimed as there was many interested parties, but we settled for the safe "cash" purchase, as the buyer was renting.

Its all about the auctioneers, some work harder than others, gone are the days of ez money, your auctioneer really needs to work for you, so make sure you push em.

cork_Red

The market has slowed down a lot, I sold a house last summer, before McDowell started the stamp duty rumour, it still took 4 months and I had to drop the price 8K. We need to be realistic about what people are going to pay and estate agents are never realistic in what they'll promise.

Sawyer

I dropped by 10K so dunno but maybe your right I need to drop my Auctioneer and go to one that will do some work and not sit on their ......