The job of the management agents - rip off or let off

dime

OCPM

Our latest Management Company seem to be as useless as a chocolate teapot.
Lack of response in getting things done, lack of approach direct responses to individual residents, failure to improve the development, failure to acknowledge and resolve existing problems with the development, yet annual fees remain this same.

As an example, during times of recession, costs of gardening, upkeep etc have fallen as companies in this type of area are fighting for competition and as a result, reduced costs of such services should be passed onto the residents therefore meaning cheaper annual fees.

Do you think our agents are doing a good job since taking over from KPM?

Would be interested to hear everyones thoughts on this thread and perhaps we can post it directly to Heatherford / OCPM regarding existing problems.

tiernalannah

I find them absolutely terrible. My own experience is that they show contempt for the residents and the actual property itself. I feel that the property is not maintaining its value in terms of other properties in the area and that is due in large part to the lack of maintenance. The property is in dire dire need of painting on the exterior but it is not being done and parts of it is crumbling away I find the management company have absolutely no respect for its clients, ie those who pay its fees. (the apartment owners) and their main concern seems to me to be collection of fees. The budget we get every year is a copy of last years one. The analysis of actual expenditure is a copy of last years one.
Does anyone know how we can contact the directors of Heatherford Directly

How do we get in contact with the management company itself or the directors

Nancy123

i totally agree - does anyone know if there is a residents association set up? if not we should set up one, get rid of management committee and get new one with much cheaper management fees, their fees are extremely expensive, they do feck all, just money grabbers etc, the place looks very run down and in desperate need of painting on the outside walls, the outside walls of the apartments looks dirty on the walls,because the outside walls haven't been painted since i MOVED IN (6 YEARS AGO) AND THEY LOOK WEATHER BEATEN AND DIRTY -what a difference a lick of paint would make. It's a disgrace and wrong what they are charging and the way the place and exterior buildings are neglected and left in such terrible condition.

MaxTractor

To paint just for the sake of painting is a waste of money. That's why it was agreed on AGM to do the plastering first, which was penciled for this year. It is quite a heavy project and that was the reason why the management fees were kept the same and not reduced. We'll see how much of it will be actually done when the weather improved.

P.S. I agree in a way that communication with the management company and general quality of maintenance could have been better.

tiernalannah

Hi Guys
Does anybody know if the plastering has commenced yet or when it is about to. The management agent are ignoring my emails
I am paying substantial management fees on an apartment that I bought yet have completely no control over the fact that it is getting dilapidated day by day.

The price of a one bed in Verdemont is about 30% less than the ones next to it even though they were bought for the same or if I remember ,Verdemont actually cost more
Who do we talk to? Who is in charge of how Verdemont is run? And how do we get in touch.
Is there directors we can talk to?Surely they care about the property too
How do we get in touch with them?
Or get together ourselves?

MaxTractor

Hi Lannah,

The plastering will start next Monday, at least that was the assurance from the management company.

I do share your frustration about the property price and my personal opinion Verdemont is seriously undervalued at the moment. I am not sure where your estimates are coming from - in the nearest development (Westend Village), there are no 1 beds, and all Coolmine estates have 2-4 bedroom houses...

Max

tiernalannah

That's great about the plastering,absolutely necessary
The price I got for a one bed is from home.ie at €70k. I presume its still there
The properties in verdemont are 1/5 of the price at boom wheras properties in Waterville etc are much higher. A one bed at the height of the boom were reaching €330k
Sad thing is, when I bought I would have got a two bed in Waterville for the same price as a one bed in Verdemont.
They were perceived as more luxurious and at a premium because of their location

MaxTractor

Ah, that one on MyHome.ie... I saw it on Daft, it was taken off the site about a year go (not sold, to my knowledge).

I don't want to swing the initial Dime's discussion off its course, so let me just say you made a good choice with your investment. imho :)

tiernalannah

Max Tractor
Why do you feel it is a good investment, I would love to think so. ?
The other thing is I think the quality of our management company and the value of the properties is totally tied together and so we are not going off track by talking about both in the same thread
If a property is not maintained properly then they will lose their value in comparison to other properties which are maintained properly
The property prices of verdemont have been decimated and its devastating for the owners

MaxTractor

I can list all the factors "pro-Verdemont", but it would definitely sidetrack the conversation off the initial topic.

I fully agree that the property prices can be directly linked to the maintenance, and at times it lacks here. In all fairness, the current company does try to push through and priorities big projects (e.g. guttering in the past, plastering this year, painting being planned afterwards etc), while it is performing all the emergency fixes. However, the same as you, I am not always happy with the day-to-day dealings and, for example, I could not remember the place being so dirty earlier last year! (maybe since the time the previous company was fired) At first I blamed it on the relaxed attitude in general, but it is not acceptable as an excuse anymore. In the recent while I do see some positive changes, albeit not as dramatic as I would have hoped.

So... Shall we see the progress this week, starting with preparations for plastering today?..

tiernalannah

Hi Guys,
Can Maxtractor of anyone give me an update on how the plastering is going in Verdemont at the moment
Again, Im in a situation where repeated requests to my own management company are ignored and I have to go to a public forum to find out how the process is doing.
Its really disappointing. My husband has a responsible management company, they are really proactive , answering emails and phone calls and dealing with issues immediately for a fraction of the price.

Thanks
Does anyone know how we can get to talk to the directors of the development . How can we make our voice be heard

MaxTractor

Hi Lannah,

Can I ask you a silly question? Do you actually live in Verdemont? If you do, you could see quite a progress all around the block - both external and internal (facing inner garden). What progress report do you need from the public forum?

Do you not think that you're actually swinging the initial discussion about effectiveness of the management company into the property price/plastering/painting work and back to the communication issue with the management company again just to finally mention about your husband's company? Open a new communication thread dedicate to a specific issue, it would be more efficient, I believe.

Max