Sweetman House

Jersey Girl

Hey Orphan,

why can't you get your keys today?? Is it a problem with your solicitors or the guys on site to hand them over to ya??

Not doing my final inspection till Monday now as the time for both neil and my snagger didn't suit eachother so i'll be doing it on Monday afternoon i hope. A massive crack appeared in the main bathrooms wash hand basin since doing my first snag so that won't be replaced untill Monday anyhow so probably better off this way.

There was a question hanging over the pilot light on the boiler. Neil siad today it's not suppossed to be showing all the time, only when it reaches a certain temprature? Not too sure about that? Any thoughts?

So your homeless. I hope you get sorted for the next few nights. Come Monday you'll have your very own home to sleep in!!:)

Orphan

Hey Jersey Girl,

no, it was something as simple as my mortgage protection not getting sorted in time because of a missing fax which was sent.... And also some people dealing with it that really couldn't be bothered. It was Friday I suppose...

I got sorted for a bed, back to the maternal surroundings of yesteryear, quite enjoying it if the truth be known. But I have all my stuff in storage for four nights, which is just a nightmare I could've done without.

Anyway, see all you new neighbours soon...

668Jan

Hey Orphan,

Shame about the dates not adding up but at least you'll probably get a bit spoiled by your mum? :D ;)

Hope all goes through for you on Monday! I'm in 2 weeks on Monday, looking forward to a few more moving in!!

Best of Luck!!

668Jan

Hey Johnny,

I have noticed a fair bit of cleaning going on around the place!! Although I never got my place cleaned out before I got my keys, at least as you say the hallways are getting a bit of attention. Do the car park gates never close? They were closed when I first viewed at the end of March but have been open since I got in. What's the point in having a zapper when they never closed? I hope nothing happens any of the cars. At least the light seem to be working again!!; :)

micko

certs

Hey All,

Has everybody that was waiting on certs for sweetman house received them? Or am i the only one still waiting? I still have heard nothing. Re snagged yesterday and all is good.Only few small things to be done. I see people are starting to move in which is a good sign. Guess those people who are moving have got some sort of certification.(Well for some)!!

Orphan

Certs

Hi Micko,

yes I received a couple of certs before I would sign the contract. I wasn't confident enough with the first one from Golder Associates, which was a result of the tests they performed. I requested a guarantee from Menolly that the infill in my house did not come from the problem quarry in Dublin 15, and I received this along with a couple of other guarantees which were important...

Hope this helps...

Hi Micko,

yes I received a couple of certs before I would sign the contract. I wasn't confident enough with the first one from Golder Associates, which was a result of the tests they performed. I requested a guarantee from Menolly that the infill in my house did not come from the problem quarry in Dublin 15, and I received this along with a couple of other guarantees which were important...

Hope this helps...

Is there anyway a 'sample' of these could be provided without all of the personal info of course or would this lead to problems from the developer?? :eek:

668Jan

Hey Orphan,

Just wondering if you managed to move in yet? I've noticed a few more lights on around the building but haven't seen anybody new around.

Orphan

Hey Orphan,

Just wondering if you managed to move in yet? I've noticed a few more lights on around the building but haven't seen anybody new around.
Hey,

I've been moving stuff in for the last couple of days, and I hope to be spending my first day there on Saturday or Sunday...

I'll try and sort something out with it...
IF you COULD that would be great, I'd just like to see what should be looked for when (or if) I complete any sale! I'd like to know I have as much information as others who have purchased property in Sweetman House in relation to That Nigglin Pyrite Issue!

Thanks

jonnym

Welcome all new neighbours!

Still doesn't seem like were even half full yet but it definitely getting busier.

@668, the gates have worked fine for most of the last 6/7 months. They have been broken a few times, mainly by the builders putting cones and other objects in front of them to block them - so they stay open (talk about idiots), but for the last month or so a panel appears to have been broken at the bottom of one of the gates and no1 seems to want to fix it, it ruins the whole point of the underground parking IMO and I can't really see why it's not fixed with all the new people moving in...

668Jan

Welcome all new neighbours!

Still doesn't seem like were even half full yet but it definitely getting busier.

@668, the gates have worked fine for most of the last 6/7 months. They have been broken a few times, mainly by the builders putting cones and other objects in front of them to block them - so they stay open (talk about idiots), but for the last month or so a panel appears to have been broken at the bottom of one of the gates and no1 seems to want to fix it, it ruins the whole point of the underground parking IMO and I can't really see why it's not fixed with all the new people moving in...
Hey Jonny,

Don;t know if you noticed but the gates seem to have been closed today. I had to ring the management co as I couldn't get in, still don't know if it was my key fob or not but when I went back down the gates were open again!!! I did say I'd prefer if they stay closed but worked properly but I reckon they just going for the easy option!! I'll get back on to them again on Monday and see what the story is!!

micko

Hey TNPI,

Have you received any certs yet? Ive got nothin and have been waiting for them since mid march. I have fully snagged my place and am happy but will not sign any contracts without certs.

Hey TNPI,

Have you received any certs yet? Ive got nothin and have been waiting for them since mid march. I have fully snagged my place and am happy but will not sign any contracts without certs.

Micko,

I got a 'letter' don't really know if I could call it a cert from Golder Associates but thats it. I believe there is more information available but it doesn't seem to be coming my way. I have just put a deposit down now but asked a long time ago for this information and never got any?!?! Just wondering the extent of information provided to others who have moved in and might have more info on the whole Pyrite issue you know? I have not even got to snagging yet hopefully this happens soon enought I don't think I could be as patient as you (Mid March?). If anybody could give us a heads up it would be great ;)

jonnym

Hey Jonny,

Don;t know if you noticed but the gates seem to have been closed today. I had to ring the management co as I couldn't get in, still don't know if it was my key fob or not but when I went back down the gates were open again!!! I did say I'd prefer if they stay closed but worked properly but I reckon they just going for the easy option!! I'll get back on to them again on Monday and see what the story is!!
I noticed during the week that they were closed and my zapper wasn't working either, turns out someone had just closed them over! :eek:

PJnewhomebuyer

sweetman house possible purchaser

hi all.

i have been reading through this forum as i am hoping to buy in the coast and am awaitng a date to snag my property. i know all about the issues with swollen concrete floors and pyrite but have gotten the certificates and assurances from the builders enginneers to tell me that everything is ok with sweetman house. anyway i have been in the show apartments and they are great just wondering has anybody else noticed some cracking to walls in certain areas when they did their snag? i was in another unit (won't say which one) last week with a friends snagger and there were big enough cracks on 3 walls. one was more serious looking than the others which were most likely just cracks in plaster or painting and im hoping that when i get to snag my property that there are none in mine. im not on the ground floor so don't expect too much problems but the unit i was in last week wasn't on ground floor either and this is worrying me and my friend specially after everything i read here and in the papers. i have a feeling these could just be due to small bits of settlement or drying out which happens but the snagger wasn't sure and she is going to ask the solicitor for advice. has anyone else found cracks big or small or other worrying things during snagging they have asked their solicitor for advice on? any help or information from others who have bought would be great.

thanks