Sweetman House

668Jan

Just a quick note to say I've signed my contracts, no backing out now even if I wanted to!!!!!! ;) Hopefully closing will follow soon enough!! Yipppeeeee!!! :D

micko

Well done. do you know if you can submit a snag list without signing contracts? and will they carry out the work?

668Jan

Hey Micko,

I snagged before signing as my snagger was going away for 2 weeks and rather than loosing 2 weeks they let me snag. As for submitting the list before signing it didn't arise for me as I only received it from my snagger today and I signed contracts today. Have to have a good look over it and will ring the foreman tomorrow to submit it. Shouldn't take too long to get the work carried out as there's nothing too major on it. I was told by Sherry Fitzgerald that I might have to wait until after signing to submit it but never had to test it! You should give Sherry a ring as that's what I did and they gave me the foreman's no. and told me to get my snagger to contact him to arrange a time. Hope this helps!

668Jan

Hey Micko,

Just wondering how you got on with snagging? Did you ask for the boiler to be moved? I decided against it in the end. Hope all went well and the list wasn't too long!! :)

Jan

Yeah fill us all in...............how did you get on?? Did you 'request' the boiler was moved and what about the shower doors and bathroom screen?? Are they to be included (someone said they were included!)??????

micko

Hey Jan, TNPI

Snag went well Thanks. Long list of small things to be done but nothing major. Fella that snagged it for me said the finish was quite good. As he is an engineer he said also he would have a look at the pyrite certs if and when i ever get them so will keep everybody posted as to his views. Foreman is going to fix whatever I have put on the snag without me signing the contracts for the place so happy enough. I did put on the snag the shower doors and screen so see how i get on with that as they state they are included. I held off on the boiler at the moment and see how they get on with the other bits and pieces first. Didnt want to rock the boat to much considering I still havent signed any contracts. I would imagine though that will be something you will have to get a plumber to do yourself at a later stage. One thing my snagger noticed was the Windows are not great. Dont open and close freely and a few of them are hanging on the hinges a bit so something to look out for. Hopefully re-snagging again end of the week or start of next week. Still no sign of any certs though. 13 weeks and still waiting!!:rolleyes:

668Jan

Hey Micko,

good to hear all went well!! :) I'm due to re-snag on Friday, so fingers crossed all will be done! Best of luck!!

668Jan

Just in relation to standard features, here's the list given on the price list.

Kitchens -
Chris Curtis Kitchen supply the contemporary white high gloss kitchen with granite worktops, splashback and upstand supplied to three bed townhouses and duplex units on ground floors - all other units fitted with walnut worktops. All appliances and the stainless steel extractor hood is standard in all homes

Bathroom and Ensuites -
High Quality wall and floor tiling standard in bathrooms and ensuites. Stylish "Shires" sanitary ware with high quality Shires tap and chrome fittings. Bath and/or shower screens to be fitted plus the shaving socket/light standard.

Bedroom -
Custom made beech/cream wardrobes with aluminium handles, providing a mix of shelved and hanging space, by Crawleys Furniture Limited.

Fireplace & Heating -
Cherry surround with cream marble infill and burley flue-less gas fire to all townhouses only. All homes come with thermostatically controlled natural gas fired central heating throughout. High degree of insulation in floors, walls and roof.

Joinery & Ironmongery-
High performance "Carlson" windows and external doors with integral sealed double glazed window systems. Moulded skirtings and architraves. All internal doors are 4/6 panel skinned doors. High security to main entrance doors in apartment blocks. High security 3 point locks to front and rear doors of all houses.

Electrics -
All homes pre wired for cable Tv, telephone, alarm system and are Broadband compatible. Ample electric sockets and light points included.

Decoration -
All homes are painted one colour throughout with emulsion paint. Coving through hallway and reception areas.

Grounds -
All three bed townhouses and ground floor duplex units will have access to private decking area which leads onto landscaped communal gardens. All three bed duplex units on upper floors have private terraces to rear. Some of the two bedroom corner units have balconies. All units have access to general landscaped communal gardens.

Homebond/Warranty -
All homes covered by the Home bond 10 year guarantee scheme.

Hope this helps with snagging!!

micko

Jan just quick question in relation to your kitchen presses. Do they have Silencers fitted on them to stop the press doors from slamming closed.its like a little button type fitting that meets the door when its almost closed which then allows the door to closes slowly (if you get me). I noticed they are not fitted on my press units!

668Jan

Hey Micko,

I did ask for the stops to be put on the horizontal presses to hold them open and for all the holes to be filled and I know the drawers had the silent close on them but for the life of me can't remember about the other kitchen presses. I'll have a check when resnagging on Friday and let you know!!

668Jan

Hi East,

I got a friend of a friend to snag my place. Maybe someone else might have a number for someone they used? I think there's someone on this site(PeeMcD) who said they do snagging and are familiar with the development. Sorry wish I could be more of a help! On the upside the apartments seem to be very well finished off! Hope you get someone!

micko

East

If you have somebody to snag your place just give the foreman a shout and arrange a date and time to get it done. he will prob only need 24hrs notice as he is always on site. Neill Scott is his name and contact no is 0868493924. Sound fella to

Orphan

Hi all, I've just joined up today and have been reading all your posts with interest. I've bought a three bed in Sweetman House, but I have requested that my solicitor hold onto contracts for now, because I'm concerned by...dare I say it, this pyrite issue. I've received that cert from Manolly re: the levels of pyrite found, which is 0.07% but I'm not too confident with the guarantee which this supplies. Does anybody have any more information than this? ie. Can pyrite develop over time? Does this cert just clafiry there is no issue with pyrite now, and if it develops, does this negate their responsibility? Why did Manolly set-up another company to sell Sweetman? Does this mean they can wind up that company and not be responsible if pyrite develops?
Sorry to be negative about everybody's new home, I also love the place and want to move in asap. But I need to know I'm not buying into a nightmare...

Orphan

Comments made by myself and Dzikus are only to try to help you get your paperwork in order re pyrite certs so that you can avoid the stress and heartache and grief that we have suffered as a result of this issue. Not planning to make negative comments to annoy people, just to try to help you lessen the stress in the long run.
It is a lovely estate to live in - and this adds to the grief, when we see the wall flexing and cracks appearing in a property that we moved into only a year ago. (And I find it suspicious that homebond have certified Sweetman house since May 07, when it was nowhere near completion - they had barely started building it then, so were certifying a building without inspecting the final product?). It is heartbreaking to think of what the future might hold with our crumbling walls, not being able to sell the property because of it and law cases ahead. So, if you get your paperwork in order, you can avoid all of this. We were just trying to help as we have been dealing with this issue for the past year and wanted to share our experiences to save you the trouble....but so be it. Last post from me. You are on your own.
I
f you are still checking this Limbo, I'd love to talk to you....

diddle

Nearly Never Won The Race!

Hi Orphan i'm in the same position as you. i'm in the prossess of buying a 3 bed duplex apt. Are you buying the same (or anybody else out there) and if so are you having problems regarding one of the balconies. When I was looking through the contract the bigger of the two balconies was not included in the plans. Menolly's architects are saying it is a common area because it is needed as a fire escape and everybody in the block will be supplied with a key to the balcony door from the common stairs! Now this does not follow any reasonable logic as the balcony is three floors above ground level, so jumping from it would kill you. My apt. is on the 2nd and 3rd floor (3rd being the highest level of the building) so anybody else in my block lives either on the 1st or 2nd floor and in a fire would leave the building from the exits on both these floors, going all the way to the 3rd floor makes no sense. I'm was really looking forward to moving in but if this matter is not cleared up I think I might pull out because in effect everybody would have access to the back of my house!!! Any comments would be most welcome, thanks.