Sweetman House

Jersey Girl

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to completely sacrifice my social life and sign contracts on a two bed apartment in Sweetman House. Just wondering if anyone else is currently snagging in Sweetman house and what's the proceedure to do so? Also, does anyone know how long this process can take? Are the builders eager to get things done quickly or not?

It's my first time to post so looking forward to hearing your advice!!!

668Jan

Hey there, I'm due to sign my life away for a 2 bed in Sweetman too. Hoping to stretch everything out as long as possible as it's all costing a bit more than I had budgeted for! I'm getting a friend of mine to do the snagging for me. Hopefully there won't be too much too get done.

Jersey Girl

Hey 668Jan,

Just wondering if you're in the same boat as me and have to sign by May 7th???

Problem is that my solicitor is taking his time and i don't know if he'll be ready for me to sign by then (with bank holiday). I'm not sure what happens in that situation?? Any ideas??:confused: :confused:

guest23

Snagging

You shouldn't have to sign IF you ask for an extension on the time (within reason!) say a week or so.........Your solicitor could ask for this! :)

It is of course up to Menolly!!!!

On another note.........I do snagging! I'm very familiar with this development too and know a few items to watch out for! Anyone who would like their snag done could contact me here! Fully qualified of course, very competitive rates :cool:

668Jan

Hey Jersy Girl,

Yep I'm supposed to be signing by the 7th May too, but due to amendments to my loan offer I reckon I'll have to hold off till it's all sorted, no more than a week! I don't think we should be under too much pressure, my solicitor hasn't asked for me to come in and sign so I reckon she's happy enough. I've just sent her an email re: the date so will let you know as soon as I've heard anything!! I imagine that Menolly will let us know if they're unhappy with waiting, although I do know someone who is due to close on a property since this time last year but hasn't sold her house yet and hasn't heard anything from Menolly! I'll keep you posted!

668Jan

Hey Jersey Girl,

Just to let you know my solicitor just rang me and she's going to contact BCM, Menolly's solicitors to get and extension as I'm still in the approval process, she reckons they usually allow for this once they know you're serious about buying. She is also going to ask about the Pyrite issue. Did you get any sort of cert clearing the building? It was mentioned to me that I would get them but nothing came with the contracts.

east

You shouldn't have to sign IF you ask for an extension on the time (within reason!) say a week or so.........Your solicitor could ask for this! :)

It is of course up to Menolly!!!!

On another note.........I do snagging! I'm very familiar with this development too and know a few items to watch out for! Anyone who would like their snag done could contact me here! Fully qualified of course, very competitive rates :cool:
Hi, I am due to sign by May 7th too and looking for sb help for snagging. how can I get a quote from your snagger?

effbee

some questions...

Hi all, will post this here as it seems to be the active thread...

I may shortly be in the market for a one bedroom apartment and am interested in buying in Sweetman House after seeing it on myhome.ie. I've been reading through the forums and am wondering if anyone can answer the following questions I have:

1. I'm assuming the pyrite problem is not applicable to this new development?

2. Are there problems with anti-social behaviour/noisy renter neighbours in the development and if so, what is the management company's record like in dealing with complaints? Are the apartments in any way sound-proofed?

3. Any sign of the new Dart station?:eek:

4. Is there likely to be a parking space problem at Sweetman house as reported in other areas of the development?

5. How long does the walk take to any of the nearest Dart stations?

6. Why is the Red Arches development that little bit dearer? Is it because of quality or location or what?

7. Does anyone here have any regrets about moving in?

8. One beds start at 239k, what price are the one beds plus study does anyone know?

9. Would you describe the build quality as good?

10. Are further price reductions likely given that the takeup would appear to be quite slow judging by other threads on this forum?

Sorry for the list, these are just things I'd like to know before proceeding with my interest. I'd be very grateful for any replies, thanks!

figbash

Hi effbee, I can't answer all your questions but those I can:

Dart station: at the recent AGM, the Menolly rep said tha tthe DART station should be finished in the next 6 months or so but that he didn't see the station being operational for at least 9-12 months. For the moment, the walk to Bayside station takes me about 15 minutes. I think Howth Junction might be about 20 minutes but you have more darts from there.

I think the build quality is quite good, but the finish can be a bit annoying - in that stuff like the paint jobs can be careless. All that can be sorted through the snag though. We haven't had any problems with noise, but I suppose at this point the development isn't full. I've had no problems with management company - have no idea what other experiences have been.

Not sure about further price reductions, according to the Irish Times property supplement 80% of Sweetman House was sold on the opening weekend...

Finally, no regrets really on moving in here :) I'd like a few more good pubs and restaurants in Baldoyle though!

Gipe this helps!

effbee

Thanks for that. If they're going that quickly, I doubt I'll be in a position to purchase by the time I get my ducks in a row like...

Jersey Girl

Hey 668Jan,

Thanks for getting back to me. It's good to know i'm not the only one in this situation.

Well all going well and providing she gets her rear in gear i hope to sign either end of this week or early next week.

Oh yea about the Pyrite issue.... I did email her about it and i asked her to request the cert clearing Sweetman House of any Pyrite from the builders solicitors. My friend is buying next door to me and he asked his solicitor about it. Basically Menolly Homes were hit very hard financially from the last incident of Pyrite and it damaged their reputation so they will never make the same mistake again. Still i want to have it in writing.

I'll keep you posted on any progress happens with my apartment.... I can't wait to get in. I've taken two trips to Ikea in the past 48 hours!!!! Also, let me know how your getting on....

Thanx,
Jersey Girl

east

kitchen appliances in sweetman

anybody can tell me that is kitchen appliances are provided in the units of sweetman and other recent released units?

jos1720

yes... neff cooker/hob and indesit washer dryer and dishwasher.... not sure about fridge...probably indesit also

668Jan

Hey Jersey Girl,
So D DAY has been and gone! I got a call from Sherry Fitz yesterday asking me how I was getting on with the purchase of my property. I told them I was waiting on a few amendments on my mortgage to get sorted out and that my solicitor was looking for certificates to clear the building for pyrite. I asked him if there was any rush to sign and he said no, if the solicitor has queiries in with Menolly that all's fine. He did say that they are giving out certs re the Pyrite so hopefully it all won't take too long. At this stage I'm running out of space for all my furniture and things! :p But at least if everything is fully sorted now there should be now delay when it comes to closing, hopefully!!!! :D

east

yes... neff cooker/hob and indesit washer dryer and dishwasher.... not sure about fridge...probably indesit also
thanks jos1720.
I just signed contract yesterday, but I did ask my solicitor to hold the contract until received the original pyrite-free cert.

668Jan

Just wondering if any one got a quantity surveyor to inspect the property? My solicitor suggested I do in relation to the pyrite issue, but I thought there wasn't much point if I get certs from Menolly. I decided to wait and see what they come back with and rethink then.

Jersey Girl

Hey Jan,

Thanx for the update. Sounds good. I'm getting quite excited now and just hope things run smootly for all of us from now on. I hear ya about furniture and general household stuff! Running out of space quickly.

I got the same phonecall from Lorcan yesterday. I'm signing on Tuesday next. :) :) :) My solicitor had 29 queries about the property so i'm glad she's leaving no stone unturned. One was about the pyrite issue. She has requested certs from the builders solicitors so hopefully they will come soon. She strongly urged me to get a survey done also puerly down to the issue of pyrite. I feel the same as you in that i don't really want to fork out money for it if Menolly can assure me that Sweetman is clear of it. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. I might give Lorcan a buzz back asking him when these certs will be sent out.

668Jan

Hey Jersey,

So your signing tomorrow, You must be excited. I'm still waiting on a signing date, everything's in place now except for the Pyrite certs but my solicitor doesn't want me to sign until she sees what they come back with. I can't wait to get signed, snagged and closed as the interest rates are going up. My repayments have already jumped by 30 a month in the last 2 weeks! Must ring Sherry myself this week and try speed up the certs.

I see you took your number out of your post, I'll be 2 doors up from you on the patio side, not the end apartment. I met the girl in the apartment between us and she seems lovely. I hope there'll be a good atmosphere in the place. I really can't wait to get in now! :)

Jersey Girl

Hey Jan,

Yea tomorrow is when it all happens. Well this step anyway! I have to say i'm feeling slightly nervous about it with all this talk of Pyrite. My solicitor requested the certs from them so i'm hoping they've come back to her by the time i go in to sign tomorrow. I might do what another person on this thread did, i think it was East, and ask my solicitor to hold the contract untill the correct certs are produced.

Yea, i took my number down but it's great to know you'll only be two doors down from me. I know the guy who's bought on the other side of me and he's great craic so i have a feeling there will be a great atmosphere.

That's terrible about your mortgage. I hope it doesn't apply to me too, i'll be stretching it as it is.

I'll fill you in on anything my solicitor has to say about things tomorrow!