Storage Heating

louise&ste

Hi, we have just moved into grove court apartments. Still trying to figure out the storage heaters (dont want to get a huge bill), it says in the instructions that both electricity supplies MUST BE ON AT ALL TIMES. Is this the case??? Also to get hot water is it just the booster button that you use???:confused:

dublin15_Chelly

Hi,
welcome to Grove Court! You can set your heaters as follows: there are 2 switches, 1 will light up when you turn it on the other won't. The one that lights is for turning on the front panel heating and for changing the heat settings for storage mode.
The other switch is for night storage mode. We leave this switch on all the time but it only lights up when grid is switched over at around 11.20pm until about 7.40am when it goes back to day time mode.
For your hot water, turn the time dial to 11.30 and flick the timed switch so it will come on at night as well. The booster can be used if you need extra hot water at night but usually there's enough to last all day so we never use the booster at all.
Our bills have never been more than 70euro a month. Goodluck.

louise&ste

Thanks

Thats great, thanks for your help, this all new to me :) Management fees, how does that work, does it have to be paid direct debit or at start of each year in lumpsum???

dublin15_Chelly

The management co. told me that we could pay their fees in two lump-sums and that we would get at least a months notice before they were due. Unless anyone has heard different?

Hingo

:confused:
Hi, New to the forum, in the apartments bout 3 weeks.
Just a quick question,
you probably already answered this, but the two little dials in the switch board, with -4 -2 0 +2 +4 (const) does that mean I.e. if the night switch was set to -2 it would come on 2hours before of peak times? or if the day switch was set ti +2 it stays on for 2hours more on the peak times? :confused:

dublin15_Chelly

Yeh it was supposed to work as you said but I don't think it ever made any difference to our heating system. I might try it again and see if it works this time.

educky

If you're having problems getting the heating to work, talk to Mick - the security man downstairs during the day. He'll tell you how to change some setting so that it will automatically come on at night. Mine wouldn't work till he did this. He may also be able to tell you how to work the under floor heating in the bathroom (I still can't figure that one out!!!)

louise&ste

Management fees

Ive heard different stories, first I heard we need to pay upfront, then I was told we can pay direct debit??? Where do we find out for sure???? :confused:

educky

I was talking about the heating above!!! But if you mean the Mgt fees well I had to pay this up front when I got my keys. I'm due to pay again in July but to be honest I'll be holding off on thsi until they actually do something. We've not even had a meeting yet. If I were you I'd do nothing until they come looking for it

Hingo

If you're having problems getting the heating to work, talk to Mick - the security man downstairs during the day. He'll tell you how to change some setting so that it will automatically come on at night. Mine wouldn't work till he did this. He may also be able to tell you how to work the under floor heating in the bathroom (I still can't figure that one out!!!)
Yeah, I have that worked out alright, Its a bit complicated though, not exactly something I could explain on this. I have a manual for it though if you never got it? If no give me a shout and I can scan it to a PDF file to download?