Slade castle - Leaks & MGMT Company

Kaytanna

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me..I'm.living in Slade Castle. I moved in last last July and since then I've had loads of leaks. All coming in from the outside. Tonight, it's basically pouring in and the management company have been very negligent in doing repairs and has actually caused further damage. Has anyone else had an experience like this or any advice to offer? Any information on the owners management committee? Henry Wilstshire won't provide this to me either.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Sacas1

Hi I have been in the process to purchase an apartment there but pulled out after a long research and finding out about the negligence of the developer/management company and work about damp and insulation not done. From what I could gather I would have been pretty much stuck with a developer who has been taken to court a number of times and who still hasn't handed over to a management company/agent (since 2005), also a miserable sinking fund which doesn't cover for any work. If you are renting get out of there because nothing will ever be addressed. I wish you best of luck with everything.

Kaytanna

Hi Sacas1,
Thanks for the response. I've since got my own engineer to review the issues and so far, Henry Wilstshire seem to be accepting liability. .. with everything going on with the virus things have obviously been put on hold but am hoping to have them resolved as soon as possible. As mentioned in your message, it revolves around the damp proofing in the building.
Can I ask how you found all this out? Before I bought the place, I got it surveyed but the engineer didn't find anything wrong and tbh, I feel completely let down by the company I used.

Sacas1

Hi Sacas1,
Thanks for the response. I've since got my own engineer to review the issues and so far, Henry Wilstshire seem to be accepting liability. .. with everything going on with the virus things have obviously been put on hold but am hoping to have them resolved as soon as possible. As mentioned in your message, it revolves around the damp proofing in the building.
Can I ask how you found all this out? Before I bought the place, I got it surveyed but the engineer didn't find anything wrong and tbh, I feel completely let down by the company I used.
Hi Kaytanna, my solicitor sent me some replies from the management company that included supporting documentation from Wiltshire. As I am totally clueless about this stuff I asked a friend who is into properties and as soon as he saw who the developer is he suggested to walk away from it. My surveyor couldn't find anything in particular on the day of inspection but based on what I had told them and especially the fact that there is an almost unexisting sinking fund I was advised to pull out. I still have copies of the paperwork if you wanted them but I wouldn't know how to get them to you.

Kaytanna

Unfortunately my solictor didn't highlight anything around the sinking fund. New to all this too! If you wouldn't mind sharing the docs from Wiltshire, it would be much appreciated. Might help in my long standing battle with them! I've done a Dropbox link here if you can : https://bit.ly/3daDGyk
Thanks a mill :)

Sacas1

Only seeing this now, I'll scan them over next week to your Dropbox. You as a owner should receive their annual meeting report, you should be entitled as far as I know. My solicitor was totally useless too, they all just want our money for little or no effort, if it wasn't for my friend and my own research I would be in the same position. I'll let you know when I have saved it to your Dropbox.

Sacas1

Unfortunately my solictor didn't highlight anything around the sinking fund. New to all this too! If you wouldn't mind sharing the docs from Wiltshire, it would be much appreciated. Might help in my long standing battle with them! I've done a Dropbox link here if you can : https://bit.ly/3daDGyk
Thanks a mill :)
Hi, I have just uploaded a PDF file for you, only the relevant parts. What it comes down to, and what I am thinking is happening is that because the developer hasn't handed over the common grounds to the management company, the money that should be used for management are used for building work instead, which should be illegal.I noticed a brand new locked/gated car park underground on the very right hand side when you get in. Perhaps some of the sinking funds money was used to build that (or something else)? There are a good few questions that I'd want answered if I was going to buy there. As a owner you are entitled to have access to the accounts and annual meetings reports, you may want to ask for those if you are thinking of looking into this properly. Best of luck with everything. I hope this helps you and others.

Last edited: