Sky

critical alp

FYI: Sky are currently in the process of fitting and wiring a communal dish on roof of Block A. Will be available to all very soon:D :D :D

LizardKing

Have a wire for it outside my balcony , not going to move from magnet yet though ... anyone signed up for communal dish yet ? Whats the monthly costs ???

moet

we have magnet plus+ PVR, broadband and phone services all working really well. Are there any obvious advantages of switching to Sky that I'm missing:confused:confused:

Icarus

I hear it's not possible to have Sky installed with individual controls in two rooms. By that I mean whatever is being watched on Sky in the sittingroom must also be watched in the bedroom. Apparently it is not possible to watch two different channels at the same time. Any truth in this?

To get two TV's signals working independantly seemingly requires a telephone line which none of us have. We have internet telephone which I reckon is pretty much the same as Skype.

Sorry to jump on a question with another question...but...

I'm in Block B and I haven't seen anything re: Sky yet. Is this as yet only available to Block A residents? Is anyone actually hooked up yet?

I hear it's not possible to have Sky installed with individual controls in two rooms. By that I mean whatever is being watched on Sky in the sittingroom must also be watched in the bedroom. Apparently it is not possible to watch two different channels at the same time. Any truth in this?

To get two TV's signals working independantly seemingly requires a telephone line which none of us have. We have internet telephone which I reckon is pretty much the same as Skype.
What we have is a digital phone line which i'd imagine is compatible with Sky digital. If not you can get a digital to analogue converter, magnet supplied me with one for my alarm

Augur

For those in Block A unlucky enough to be on the side facing the Apex apartments under construction Sky can't connect you because of the hoarding (apparently they need ground access to connect up). Only took me 3 mornings off work before I got a definitive answer that that was the case :(

LizardKing

For those in Block A unlucky enough to be on the side facing the Apex apartments under construction Sky can't connect you because of the hoarding (apparently they need ground access to connect up). Only took me 3 mornings off work before I got a definitive answer that that was the case :(

There was initially access to the side of the block when I moved in 3 years ago , however due to security issues the hoarding was put up and access was blocked.

I'd be happy for the hoarding to be removed and access be allowed via a gate or something which the caretaker could hold a key to and any apartments that face onto the blocked off area.

The side of the block is overgrown and in need of maintenance too , to think it was a nice gravelled off area with no weeds when originally moved in. This should come under the common area upkeep for mgmt. co. too...