sky and the mgt company

flashgordon

well, after ordering sky over a month ago, i called this morning to find out what is going on, and i was informed that the management company are holding everything up by not permitting sky to install a communal dish. i thought once we had a few subscribers they had to permit installation?

anyone got a number for the mgt company handy? i'm not a happy bunny:mad:

LizardKing

I imagine the Sky sales people were bullsh*tting about the dish being ready and were chancing there arm trying to sign up more people. If there are more residents signed up theres more chance the mgmt. co. will agree to the dish.

ucanfindants

I have it already but I'm just curious because I'd love to get rid of my dish and join the communal debate but... Where exactly will they be putting the dish? Surely each block will need their own? And can a single dish accommodate all of the apartments for regular Sky, Sky Plus and even multiroom? Also, how are they going to wire them to the apartments??? Will there be cables going through hallways etc.?

With regards multiroom, Sky Boxes can't dial out on magnet (I've been trying for months to activate my spare rooms subscription) so without the ability to dial into Sky you can't activate that service.

As fast as Magnet broadband is, I really wish they'd put more options into the apartments because it makes stuff like this very messy.

critical alp

Have been told by Mgt company that wiring is the issue, they wanted to drill into the external slabbing which would cause it to crack and allow moisture in, so don't know where we stand (€€€) if buildings have to be internally wired.

flashgordon

but sure isn't that a problem that every house in the country would have if that's the case? can't see why they can t put the wires through the vents

anyone got any updates on this?

LizardKing

Magnet are launching a new Sky + type box in june ... I've enquired for more info. but nowt back yet ... If its anything like the PCTV they have then they can keep it ... anyone get that to work ?

Poncho1

Hi all, I have recently moved in to Block C. Had Sky out yesterday but cant get a signal. Just wondering if there has been any progress in getting a communal dish? and where or how do I register my interest in getting Sky through a communal dish? Need to sort out TV fairly soon (as theres only so many dvds I can watch!) but I dont want to commit to a year NTL contract if getting Sky Digital is going to be an option in the near future as I would much rather have Sky than Ntl. Also wouldnt mind contributing to installation charges if not too excessive!

Any help/ info would be much appreciated!

LizardKing

NTL ? don't think anyone can get NTL in the close ... its a magnet development .. they do broadband,tv,phone packages .. broadband is great but tv is poor .. they have recently updated the tv channel guide and its worse than before. I would also seriously consider moving to sky tv if communal dish was setup.

I don't agree with a lot of the criticism, Magnet are getting, I think it's ok and and the new channel layout has speeded it up considerably........... I don't work for them either:D

LizardKing

Did they take away a movie channel ?? I could have sworn there were 2 movie channels - Film4 and MGM or something .. now theres just Film 4 ... also the time on the tv guide is wrong and each time you switch a channel it shows the earliest program of the day not the current program. its slower to boot up too and has no progress bar ... having used sky+ etc. they have a lot to live up to.

Did they take away a movie channel ?? I could have sworn there were 2 movie channels - Film4 and MGM or something .. now theres just Film 4 ... also the time on the tv guide is wrong and each time you switch a channel it shows the earliest program of the day not the current program. its slower to boot up too and has no progress bar ... having used sky+ etc. they have a lot to live up to.
Not sure about the movie channel, but perhaps they did. the time on the tv guide has been sorted and it comes on straight away now when i turn tv on, much better than it was.
Never used Sky+ so won't argue with you on it

Boomtown

well, after ordering sky over a month ago, i called this morning to find out what is going on, and i was informed that the management company are holding everything up by not permitting sky to install a communal dish. i thought once we had a few subscribers they had to permit installation?

anyone got a number for the mgt company handy? i'm not a happy bunny:mad:
Yep, it's 01 216 4300

nouseforaname

for what it's worth, i was told by our mgmt co (crosbie's yard) that to install sky's equipment would cost e19,000, might have been fobbing us off though.

Poncho1

I phoned the mgt company to find out about Sky on tuesday and i was told that i would get a call back, heard nothing back so i phoned a few mins ago and was told that i would defo get a call back today- so if i get any info from them ill post it here.

Poncho1

Heard back from the mgt company...yes the issue is the drilling that they will need to do to the external slabbing. sky are going to do a survey and point out exactly where they will need to drill, the mgt company will then give this survey to the builders to see if the builders have any problems with the points they need to drill. currently the survey was only proposed for blocks A and B but the guy I spoke to is going to ask Sky to do a survey of block C as well. so i presume we will need to have a few people interested in getting sky in block C. he asked me to call back in 2 weeks time and hopefully there should be some news by then.

Boomtown

In the meantime if anyone would like to watch any games and don't have access to Sky Sports etc for sporting events the try www.myp2p.eu, download the info required and you can watch on your PC or TV if compatible.