Showhouse For Sale

cork_macer

The Showhouse is a type A.
Being sold by Sherry Fitz. it's on their web site www.sherryfitz.ie.
Saw the advert on their shop window first - they have since revised the price
down to €585K.
The photos on the site are very poor, the light is all wrong:eek: .

cork_Red

The A type launched at €450,000 but quickly went up to €480,000
The B Type launched at €429,000 and went up to €450,000

cork_Red

In October 2005 when they opened the showhouse those were the prices but I'm not 100% certain that they weren't offered for sale prior to the showhouse opening.

DamianM

That's a bit depressing - we paid 460 for a Type B! :mad:

585,000 seems like a huge premium to pay when the original house was on sale for 450,000 a year ago. Builders' greed knows no bounds.

cork_macer

I put a deposit on the A type long before the showhouse opened and the price was 480K. Hence my curiosity were the price of 450K came from :confused:

sburs

Hello All.
I never remember type A being €450k to start either Red. Almost sure it was circa €480/490k... Going on a latest offer of €600k on showhouse, that shows a gain of 20% for all those who bought at €490...Not bad for houses where a lot of us haven't even turned keys yet..
Was in with Sherry Fitz this afternoon and they are just about to put two(i think) type B's back on the market. These were released by Casltelands themselves so i'm guessing that sales of these houses fell through. The price is €495k. This also represents a circa 20% gain on for those who bought such houses at €420k. They also told me that those who offer the said price will secure house i.e. they are not going to let bidding occur on these houses.
Was told that if you have put your name on the mailing list for info regarding the next phase a letter will be sent to you regarding the availability of these houses.

tina_cork

sburs said:
Hello All.
I never remember type A being €450k to start either Red. Almost sure it was circa €480/490k... Going on a latest offer of €600k on showhouse, that shows a gain of 20% for all those who bought at €490...Not bad for houses where a lot of us haven't even turned keys yet..
We bought a type A in December for 480k

cork_macer

If it's sold that would be a very quick sale. No "Sale Agreed" sign on display this morning when I was leaving the estate, but the entry has been removed from Sherry Fitz web site.
I'll let you know if I hear anything:rolleyes: .

cork_art

Showhouse

Just rang sherryfitz there. It has gone sale agreed. She wouldn't tell me the asking price but said that it went over the guide.

cork_Red

My memory isn't what it used to be but I am positive that there was at least one type A for sale at €450,000 when we first looked at Castle Rock in Oct 05, I'm positive because €450,000 was the top end of our budget. I don't remember what specific houses were being offered, maybe they were crap mid row looking out at pylons, maybe there were more expensive corner houses. We walked away then because I didn't like the two flights of stairs and no attic storage. After a depressing winter of looking at, and bidding for, secondhand houses we went back and got a type B for €450,000. If the initial price for an A had been more we wouldn't have even considered going back there.

cork_macer

[If the initial price for an A had been more we wouldn't have even considered going back there.[/QUOTE]

This makes no since given you ended up going back & buying a Type B, which were on offer for 429K at launch:confused: .

cork_Red

It does makes sense, in that we lost all interest in Woodville at €610,000 and Compass Quay at €750,000 because we thought they were out of our league. We did lose out at Castlerock because we waited 5 months, but it wasn't what we wanted at the time.

cork_macer

So your saying that if the Type A's had been 500K at launch you would have lost all interest in Castlerock and never gone back to purchase a Type B regardless of the fact they were 429K/450K - still confused :confused: anyhow all irrelevant now, I'm sure you are happy with your choice, the place is beginning to take shape and will be a wonderful area to live.