Services to your Property

meath_fifi

Moderator (Killegland Hall)
If you are have any issues or queries in relation to your services ie- Broadband, electricity, gas, TV services then post it here

pcroke100

Broadband and TV

Hi

I hope to be moving into 87 Killegland Hall soon (or as soon as the builder decides to finish the area)
I use Imagine broadband where I live now but they don't service Ashbourne.
Can you tell me please who will provide both broadband and TV services in the area.
Paul Croke

tripi13

broadband

Hi,
I'm looking to get broadband, but I don't have a need for a phone line. I don't want to have to pay for line rental when its only there to get broadband. I was told that I can't put an aerial on the roof to receive ICE wireless broadband.

Is anybody else facing this issue? I am in desperate need of the internet and the waiting time to get in a phone line is 6 to 8 weeks.

Is there any chance of getting on aerial put on the roof for everybody?

madmolly

Internet

Hi,

I too am looking for Internet options. Did any one else get sorted ?

This is a great idea, pity more aren't posting here.

meath_fifi

Moderator (Killegland Hall)
Hi there

I live in Brindley Pk but I have a property for sale in Killegland Hall. I use ice broadband and the ariel that they give you is quite small. Its a white diamond shape dish, you would be able to get it attached to your balcony, I really don't think there would be an issue, lots of places put them up regardless and its not that big.

fluffy

Hi there

I live in Brindley Pk but I have a property for sale in Killegland Hall. I use ice broadband and the ariel that they give you is quite small. Its a white diamond shape dish, you would be able to get it attached to your balcony, I really don't think there would be an issue, lots of places put them up regardless and its not that big.
Problem is that if your not on the top floor and can put a reciever above the gutter then you wont get a signal unless you are facing the Police station or The Marriot hotel with absolutly no buildings in between.Otherwise you will need to go with one of the mobile phone companys or a landline company.

THE STIG

Howdy Partner, Find Eircom To Top Notch Meself, Vodafone And 02 Also Do The Same Devices You Are Referring To,but 3 Is The Cheapest And Would Suit Most In The Apartments,p.s If A Tree Falls In The Woods And Theres No One There To Hear It Does It Make A Sound.hmmmmmmmmm?

incis

mobile broadband

I bought 3 mobile broadband few months ago when I moved to Killegland Hall. During the trial period I was quite happy with it - speed was OK and the connection was stable. So I decided to keep using it.

Several weeks later it gradually became slower and sometimes I had difficulty to connect to the Internet.
Now it is much worse - sometimes it is so slow it's driving me mad...and some days it's impossible to make a connection at all ! For good few hours...!!
And the days like today, when I can browse the Internet as long as I want --- heaven!

Does anyone else has a problem like that?
Maybe someone knows why it is happening and what to do?
Tried calling the company - they said that the signal is very good in Ashbourne!

Please help!

tripi13

I bought 3 mobile broadband few months ago when I moved to Killegland Hall. During the trial period I was quite happy with it - speed was OK and the connection was stable. So I decided to keep using it.

Several weeks later it gradually became slower and sometimes I had difficulty to connect to the Internet.
Now it is much worse - sometimes it is so slow it's driving me mad...and some days it's impossible to make a connection at all ! For good few hours...!!
And the days like today, when I can browse the Internet as long as I want --- heaven!

Does anyone else has a problem like that?
Maybe someone knows why it is happening and what to do?
Tried calling the company - they said that the signal is very good in Ashbourne!

Please help!
Hey,

I'm not too sure about 3 mobile broadband, but normally when your broadband is slow at times and great at other times it has to do with your contention ratio which is basically the maximum number of people that are using the line. Eircom and BT offer 24:1 and 48:1, which means the maximum at any given time using the connection you are using is either 24 or 48, but this is the max and it wouldn't be that all the time. I would find out what the contention ratio is on 3 broadband, the lower the better!

I'm with BT, I recently had an awful time with Eircom customer service, although to be honest I never had a problem with their broadband. I have now changed to BT 3mb broadband and haven't have a problem yet. But you have to have a phone line! Sky are hoping to bring digital broadband to Ireland by the end of the year and they'll probably do a package of broadband, tv and digital phone which will mean no line rental, not contention ratio and hopefully cheaper prices!

Also, if you're interested, we have a residents committee set up to help people with any problems such as kids hanging around, noisy neighbours etc.

Hope that was some help! :)