Service charges

Tallulah-May

Has anybody paid the service charge for our estate? I know some people who had to pay it when they signed for the house? But as of yet we have not been contacted about it. And when we are contact we won't being paying it!!!

nsmith

hi! i paid for mine when i was signing for the house, i had to hand it over with my remaining capital. that was last september and i havent heard anything about having to pay any more...

etravels08

Hi All

I paid for mine like everyone else when I signed the house. I did pay the second year but not anymore. I keep getting letters by O'farrell. I have joined the Chambers Park Committee - Anti property Maintenance charges to which I paid €10. Its great and there are meetings on every so often. Someone will call to your house to talk about it. Its great to know what is going on in area. There is AGM coming up next wednesday - in GAA 7.30 so hope to see everyone there! Bring on the shopping centre & facilities in Kilcock!!! way to go...

E:)

Management Fees

Hi:eek:

I am the same, I paid on signing for the house but I have not paid since. Every day I am tempted to pay it, with all the letters coming, especially the latest from solrs but then I have to think about the fact that the estate is not finished yet. I had heard that things like ESB etc cannot be included on the mgt co's accounts, that this is illegal as it is provided by the council?

I will be attending the AGM on Wednesday, hopefully we will get this sorted soon, otherwise I will owe 3 times the amount by next year and still nothing will have been done!

:)

kildare_sparkle

The estate is now looking like a complete tip and it's becoming embarrassing. At the end of the day, we all signed contracts when we purchased our houses agreeing to pay these fees. I don't understand why the residents committee is trying to get people not to pay, it's only ourselves who are loosing out. The fees should be paid in order to keep up the maintenance of the estate. You can still argue it out the management company and get a refund on fees if it's all agreed at a later date. In the meantime, basic maintenance must go on and insurance fees paid etc. There are a number of residents in the estate that have fully paid up their fees and because of the non-payment by others, we have to suffer.....Where's the fairness in that?!

Not everyone is in agreement with what the residents committee are doing and it is not fair that because of their views everyone should suffer.

I agree that we should not have to pay the fees as we purchased houses that do not require maintenance the way an apartment would, but we signed the contracts saying that we agreed to it. This whole thing is being approached the wrong way. The developer is the one who we should be chasing to complete the snags, lay the roads, get their bond released. Then at that stage the county council approached to take in charge the estate. In reality, this will probably take years because the ongoing construction in Oughterainey, so Glenford probably won't lay the road (same way that Royal Meadows still don't have their road laid and how long are those houses there?).

kildare_sickpuppy

Moderator (Chambers Park)
I don't understand why the residents committee is trying to get people not to pay, it's only ourselves who are loosing out.
Not everyone is in agreement with what the residents committee are doing and it is not fair that because of their views everyone should suffer.
The residents committee aren't forcing anyone not to pay, it was collectively decided by all the residents at the estate meetings which you obviously never attended because I have never heard one objection about the course of action decided by the community. Dont pass the buck.

In the meantime, basic maintenance must go on and insurance fees paid etc.
yeah insurance - why should the residents pay for the builders public liability insurance, if i break my neck in one of his potholes, its glenford i'll be suing. In fact i think we should find out where the glenford owner is living and picket his house.

The developer is the one who we should be chasing to complete the snags, lay the roads, get their bond released.
agreed but the developer wont talk to the residents - just try ringing him and if you do manage to catch him, all you'll get is empty promises. When the residents tried to fire the the management company, they were told they work for the developer not the residents so we should be refusing to pay these lackeys of the developer.

Then at that stage the county council approached to take in charge the estate. In reality, this will probably take years because the ongoing construction in Oughterainey, so Glenford probably won't lay the road (same way that Royal Meadows still don't have their road laid and how long are those houses there?).
If the developer in ouchteranny digs up the road with his construction it will be his responsibility to repair it. Glenford are stalling by using him as an excuse not to do their job. Scumbag builders like glenford should go to the wall