Security / Locksmith

JC0001

Following on from the warning at the AGM (apparently 2 more apartments were broken in to last week) we got a new lock installed - the locksmith showed how easy it is to open the default lock - just need a stiff piece of plastic to open the door - hence no signs of forced entry etc.

I know in our case we couldn't actually lock the door from the outside as the key would become stuck in the lock :eek:

For what it is worth we got the guy whose flyers were in the mailboxes (Lucan Locksmiths I think) and he was out that afternoon to install the lock

kildare_paulo

i also got a locksmith out to install a new lock. It was scary when he showed me how easy it was to pop open the lock. Took a piece of stiff card and all of 2 seconds to open the door.

beans

Templemills!!!! - Blue House

Hi
Is there anyone buying a house in the new Templemills estate in Rathangan?
Lovely houses, but recently found out the KCC want them painted a number of colours!! Im sure it will be an eye sore, so anyone who has bought a home there, I would check this out - I wouldnt want a BLUE house..........:eek:

kearnsr

Hi
Is there anyone buying a house in the new Templemills estate in Rathangan?
Lovely houses, but recently found out the KCC want them painted a number of colours!! Im sure it will be an eye sore, so anyone who has bought a home there, I would check this out - I wouldnt want a BLUE house..........:eek:
wrong place

kildare_Aoife

I got Lucan Locks out too so he left the flyers as I told him what had happenned. Scary at how easy it was to get through the door though! He fit the mortice lock for €95, number is 0868749371. They will come out evenings or weekends too

kildare_eoin

if anyone is hesitating about investing in a new lock i would seriously recommend you go ahead and get one. i can break into the apartments in about ten seconds without any sign of damage or entry.
with relation to the cost of installation, it is advisable to see what type of lock they are actually fitting for you. chubb seems to be the best make and there a lot of cheaper ones out there which i wouldnt recommend.
there is a person in block d who will supply and fit the lock (very neat job, less than an hour) for 120euro. thats for the best chubb mortice lock.

eoin

Al_Power

Yeah two apts in our section (end of block f) broken into a couple of months back. I notice however that doors are still being left open in the car park!!?? I came across a guy breaking into cars at 2am a couple of weeks back. Although there is CCTV in the car parks there is no signage anywhere to indicate the is and therefore act as a deterent. Called the Guards and they sent an un marked car up. Don't know if they got him.