Residents Meeting

cutter

I couldn't make it tonight, i work a late shift. I am very interested to hear how it went though. If a chairman has been appointed could they post the minutes here maybe?

kildare_bruce

i was in contact with a former planner in the council today.The bond that the builder pays is for the upkeep of the street lighting and sewerage in the event of any problems.Personally i think we need to set up a bank account asap to take control of the situation sooner rather than later.

wale04

Preston Brook

Hi,

The meeting took place as scheduled and the following were my records of key points

1, It was agreed that an Interim action should be taken in cutting grass in common areas within the development.

2, County Council/Developer should be reminded in written of their contractual obiligations to the resident of the estate most especialy the common areas.

3, The legal implication of carrying out maintainance work within the common areas was pointed by some members present.

4, Members of the resident committee were selected and they will be meeting soon.

In summary, the above are the points noted at the meeting other members might have more details of the proceedings.

thk

Wale04

wale04

Bruce,

I think it is a good idea to set up the account now but i will also want us to check our facts regarding the bond directly with the county council.

thnk

Wale04

pointy

Those are indeed the main points as outlined by Wale 04 above.

Just to add the interim grass cutting will take place this Saturday morning at 10 am. A local farmer will be cutting all the large green areas and everyone else is asked if possible to contribute in cutting/cleaning the smaller areas around their house if possible.

With regard to the bond, this definitely needs to be clarified as there have been several sewage problems which have not been addressed and as you know there are a lot of streetlights not working. In fact I learned last night that the lights are run off one of the empty houses. This needs to be clarified as soon as possible and should be a priority of the committee (I am a member for my sins!:D ) A meeting needs to take place ASAP.

Razor, can you get give me a shout on this. I will PM you my mobile number.
P

millar43

hey this is millar 43
I been livin in preston brook for 3 years now didnt know about the site till last nite at the meeting
thanks for letting us know.
millar 43

pointy

Hiya,

Its a good site and was helpful to the few that found it when moving it and getting things sorted! Lets hope we can revive it now and put it to good use!

P

wale04

Grants

Hi Millar43,

What is the procedure to secure this grant and do we need to get a special form for preston brook.

Wale04

kildare_Razor

Hi Guys

Welcome to our new members!
Just an update.

I rang Kildare Co Co and have enquired about getting a grant from their enviroment section for the grass cutting.From what I was told there is one available but the person I spoke to wasn`t to sure how it works.I have left my name and number with them and hopefully they will come back to me with good news.

I also rang Colm Mc Evoy saying that I was interested in purchasing in Preston Brook and asked what the story was regarding the state of the grass.I was told that the residents have formed a committee and everybody living there was paying €25-30 a head and they where going to maintain the grounds themselves!!

As a potential buyer I said that this wouldn`t appeal to me and why KCC or the builder wasn`t sorting it out was beyond me.Maybe a couple of more calls like this might help in getting the builder to maintain it until he has the last unit sold????

PS well done to the guys who started the grass cutting last night

Razor

cutter

Hey all,

Just wondering if we could investigate the cost of buying our own equipment....a proper ride on mower and a couple of petrol strimmers? Maybe this could be a cheaper option in the long run? Regular mowers are not really up to the job, and I personally don't have a problem rotating duties over the summer months. Between us all, I reckon storage would not be a problem. As for the shrubs and plants, I'm not much of a gardener myself, but judging by some of the houses, some of our residents are very good. Just a thought.

C

pointy

Hi Razor,

Thats interesting info, thanks for letting us know. I wonder if that was something McEvoys made up or have they heard something on the grapevine! I will certainly call them after the bank holiday and see if I can get one or two relatives to also!

Cutter - good point about buying our own stuff. We should definitely discuss this. Having spent two days now cutting, raking and sweeping I can tell you its not easy, though that maybe due to the fact that it had gotten so bad. I am sure if done regularly it wouldnt be hard (I hope!).

Oh and if anyone gets lost later on the way home from the pub you can use my sunburn as a guiding light:D Thank God for the good weather!

Ray - Can you have a chat with Justin about organizing a committee meeting?

P

kildare_Razor

Hi All

Just a quick note,the builder has changed estate agents for the selling of the remaining houses.
The new estate agent is Gorry auctioneers on the Main Street in Rathangan.
I have already been in touch with them explaining our problems.I have asked them to contact the builder and ask him to continue paying for the grass cutting and connect the street lights to the main ESB lines.I also explained that they would have problems selling the remaining units with the grounds looking so untidy.
I`ll keep you posted.

Razor

jpk1976

Hi-just wanted to say well done to those people who went out and did all the great work over the last few days,especially those who organised the whole thing-the work you did is much appreciated by those of us like me with small children that cannot get out there as much as we would like.

I thought that it might be of benefit to some of ye to check if a problem we encountered in our house might be a potential problem for everyone else.Last year we started getting very bad sewerage smells through the house and we eventually sourced it to an open pipe that terminated in the attic-the waste water outlet as it leaves your house joins a black plastic waste pipe which has an open end at the top to vent excess gas and this works very well outside the house-but the open pipe in our attic is attached to the same system via the ensuite toilet.At the time the builder sent a plumber around they fixed a filter to the end of the pipe solving the problem,or so we thought.Late last year we got the smell back again and when we tried to contact the builder the phones were disconnected,we got another plumber in who said that the pipe should have been vented to athmosphere through a roof tile like you have for the fans from your bathroom and ensuite-a builder/roofer needed for this job-looking into the house insurance to see if it will cover the cost.
Anyway it might be an idea for ye to check behind your water tank in the attic and see if there is an open pipe sticking up right behind it.

wale04

Ensuit

JPK1976,

I am facing the same problem in my house and for two years i cannot sleep in my bedroom because of the smell from the ensuit.

Thanks for the information and i will work on the vent pipe asap.

Wale04

wale04

Razor,

Good job.

I will also have to contact him too.

At the last meeting we were promised that a local farmer would be coming around to cut grass in the big areas while we can take care of the small area.............., do you have any update.

Kind regards

wale04

kildare_Razor

Hi All

As far as I know,Justin knew the guy who happened to be in Fulhams bar the night of the meeting but unfortunately Justin himself wasn`t available over the weekend and I haven`t a clue who the farmer guy is,so sorry I`m non the wiser.

On the smell from the en-suite toilet,we had to move into our front bedroom last year because the smell was so bad.After sealing the toilet bowl,shower and every other pipe with the help of the original plumber it turned out to be a faulty u-bend in the sink which was allowing the smell to travel back up through the downpipe.It took weeks to find it but the good news is that a new u-bend will fix the problem.

Razor