Recent Window Cleaning

olcovar

Hi,
Have people's windows been cleaned? I saw the crane for hire in Olcovar earlier in the week and presumed that it was here for window cleaning.
Our windows that we can't reach ourselves are still absolutely filthy though and have definitely not been cleaned.
Anyone else living in a duplex notice that the window over their front door and the livingroom window (which is out of reach) are not clean?
It's really disappointing to get letters saying that the windows will be cleaned but to then find that they are still dirty.

DF77

Moderator (Olcovar)
re: Window cleaning

Olcovar,

Have you contacted Patsy from Wyse?

This window cleaning is paid for so if yours have not been cleaned you should notify her and she can contact the contractors and send them back if necessary...

df

martnsav

Window Cleaning

Hi. I live in a duplex also. My understanding is that it was the gutter cleaning which took place this week and that the window cleaning is not taking place until Tues 12th May? Perhaps I'm wrong but I believe that is what my notice stated. Regards.

deedles

Why were the ground floor windows at the back of the blocks not cleaned?

I know there is shrubbery infront of the majority of them but that does not make them inaccessible by any means.
The nature of the shrubs, the gravel, the timber railway sleepers aswell as the vents make it unstable to put a ladder out to clean them myself.

I believe I paid the same managent fees as everybody else in the apartments??

I have sent an email to Wyse.

olcovar

Hi Deedles,

Are you talking about the ground floor windows in the own door apartments? They are within reach and so they are the owners responsibility.

Same as on the balconies of the duplexes, those are not cleaned by the contract window cleaners. We have to clean them ourselves.

I was at home yesterday when our windows were being cleaned and I have to say, it was as basic a window cleaning as I have ever seen.

The windows were just "mopped" with a long water fed pole with a square sponge/mop on the end of it. It took less than a minute to clean our upstairs window. The window cleaners didn't wipe the excess water off with a rubber blade, so, while they have had dust and grime removed, they are still water marked.

I am less than impressed with the frequency and standard of window cleaning. If a window cleaner called to the door in the morning, I would ask him to re-do them properly for us.

deedles

Hi Olcovar,

No I'm talking about the apartment blocks. The ground floor bedroom windows on the front of the apartment blocks were done yesterday but the the windows at the rear were not. (we have to do balcony windows ourselves) But the nature of the communal area outside the windows at the rear of block three means its unsafe for residents to do the windows themselves, but would of been no problem with the hose on a pole . Surely if they did the front they should do the rear? I did send an email to Patsy in Wyse and she is going to review this and get back to me.

martnsav

Window Cleaning

I also live in one of the duplexes and am not satisfied with the window cleaning on this occasion. Again, as stated above, the windows were not wiped down and left dirty watermarks. I actually wouldn't have even known my windows had been cleaned except that a deposit made by a bird had been removed (just about). These don't seem to be the same window-cleaning contractors as last year (as these ones just used long poles and brush, whilst last years actually had ladders etc. and did a much better job). Perhaps changing contractors has made the management fee go down but it is to the detriment of our windows!

tur18

Window Cleaning

Does anyone know when the apartment blocks will have their inaccessable windows cleaned? I live on the top floor and there is a finger smudge on the outside of my window which is there since the day i moved in, over 2 years ago! I cannot reach it so it proves that my windows have never been cleaned.
Many thanks.