Question about the heaters.....

ab123

Does everyone have the Ferroli boiler heating system in their storage room....I am not sure how the heater is operated by the timer....there are two controls on the Ferroli boiler which when turned on (independent of the timer) can either heat the water or heat the radiators.

However, when the timer is timed to come on the boiler doesn't automatically switch on to warm the water and the radiator when the timer turns it on...these 2 controls have to be manually turned on so if these need to be manually turned on each time to heat the water and the radiators then how can the timer work??

I have tried turning on the timer without manually turning on these controls and neither the water or radiators heated up!

Am I seriously missing something here.......

Caddywhack

Not using the timer at all, but just to say, that when the heating is on it heats the water as well so there's no need to have the two on if you are looking for hot water as well.

Emma7

Hi i have the same boiler in my place. I have it set up so the timer will come on at certain times and the boiler does automatically kick in.

Try pressing the reset button on your boiler and then just turn the knob for the radiators up half way (this will also heat the water up).
Set the timer to come on at scheduled times and since the boiler(radiator knob) is already set it will come on.

I didn't get a manual for the timer when i moved in so i had to go and look for one. I eventually found it and got a plumber to set the times for me.

ab123

But you see if the radiator knob is turned on at all then the radiators are on.....if these knobs are turned on at all the boiler kicks in and I will be paying for having the heating on all the time....there must be some valve or something that turns it over to the timer only.

I know exactly how to use the timer and want it to come on in the morning before I get up but if the boiler cannot be controlled by the timer defeats the purpose of the timer.....you get me??

Caddywhack

Doesn't the timer control the electrical power connection to the boiler? ie you can have the knobs on the boiler physically turned to the On position but if there is no power going to it (like the main power switch under the timer is turned off) then the boiler is not on. That's what, I believe, the timer controls.

ab123

Not on ours anyway; when the timer is switched to off and the radiator knobs are turned on it heats the radiators so power is actually going to it....this is the crux of my problem as I don't know how to make it timer controlled!! But yes when the main switch is turned off the timer and boiler remain off but only that switch controls both....it is totally baffling!!

Emma7

ab123, i now understand your problem. My boiler only kicks in when i turn the timer on. You might need to get the plumber in to take a look at it.

Caddywhack

Or a flipping mathematician by the sounds of things, I still dont know what yer talking about! I rarely have the heat on and dont use the timer at all.

ab123

But even when the timer is off the boiler will still stay on wither of the nobs are turned on...the boiler won't turn off with the timer....this clear Caddywhack? It would kill me to pay to get plumber for something like this....will fidget about with it again tonight and then ask developers :eek:

Emma7

ab123 - if you are having a problem with your boiler/timer get onto Anthony the foreman. As they are still on site he will arrange a plumber to call out to you and you on't be charged.
No one elses boiler seems to have that problem so it must be faulty. Its their problem to fix and not yours.
I called their plumber out last week as there was a leak in my apartment and they had someone call out straigh away.