Property Managemnt Invoice

Has anyone else recieved the invoice for Sept 2006 - March 2008?

I received one for over €1200 and have written to SPM refusing to pay until some issues are resolved. Hope i'm not alone in this!

huit

I also live in Brackenwood.

In 1st November, I emailed SPM a list of questions, to the email address provided on their letter (info@spm.ie).
I explained I was prepared to pay, but wanted some information first, but I never got a reply.

I was asking for
- a list of expenses for the previous year (to know how this year's budget is calculated)
- details of the previous and the next AGMs (I have been living there over one year but I've not been invited to one)
- when the next payment request would be
- what the current value of the sinking fund is
- a list of the addresses and types of all residences included in the figures (so that I would do my own sums).

When I rang on 7th or 8th November, I was told that the email went to a department that did not deal with these issues, and that I'd get my list in the post shortly. It still has not arrived.

Yesterday (04/12/2007) I rang 01-8225423 again. I spoke to a woman who told me that she is no SPM and that she gets many wrong calls from people looking for SPM. I have not yet checked that I have the right number, but this is the number I have saved in my phone.
When I tried looking up www.spm.ie, there's no website there at all. They're not making it easy for me to pay.

I'm emailing them again today about it. I'll update this post if I receive a reply.
I'll also update this post if I realise I was actually ringing the wrong number.

sharon29

Management blues

Hi,
I am having a lot of trouble with PAID management fees. Keep getting over due invoice even though payment was made on 12 Nov. Have made several calls and emailed SPM and they have made no attempt to contact me to clarify their posistion. Am beginning to feel sorry for the receptionist. Is anyone else having issues? :mad:

huit

hi huit

Smiths number is 8255423.
Ok. Thanks. I may try ringing them again. I had the wrong number stored in my mobile phone; then, but I was nearly sure I had rung them from the mobile phone the last time. Sorry about that.

I've not received a reply to my email yet. I'll continue to wait and see.
They've not sent me any letter since before I rang them the first time, but that's not surprising since the lad told me he'd put the account on hold for a while.

Helen

Hi everyone

i have tried to contact the management company serveral times as the lock on the door to our apartment block is broke and kids are coming in and setting off the fire alarm.
Does anyone have a contact person in the management company as they never return my calls.
i have also paid my management charge and they are still sending out reminders.

huit

Ok. Thanks. I may try ringing them again. I had the wrong number stored in my mobile phone; then, but I was nearly sure I had rung them from the mobile phone the last time. Sorry about that.

I've not received a reply to my email yet. I'll continue to wait and see.
They've not sent me any letter since before I rang them the first time, but that's not surprising since the lad told me he'd put the account on hold for a while.
I never bothered ringing them again. I also never got any further contact from them: no letter and no email.
I emailed them the same list of questions again, and I got a read receipt, so I know the email got to them. However, I got no reply to the email other than that.
I can only wait until they bother contacting me again.

dublinnorth_Nat

I'm a property owner of one of Brackenwood owned-door apartments in Balbriggan. I just want to know if you guys had got debt collection notice letter from Brackenwood management company for unpaid fee for this year. In the letter they said my account has been placed with the company's solicitor with instructions to commence legal proceedings for full recovery of the amount
It all started when I refused to pay the management fee for this year. I refused to pay because I didn't get value for money for the fee I paid last year, which means they didn't trim the bushes at the back of my house(they promised to do this when the property was bought) and didn't remove the muck from a dug-up area in front of my window.
Gillian told me that 150,000 Euros are owed to the Management company (She works for Brackenwood/Smyths Management Company) confirms this in an e-mail she sent to me.
So, let me know as quickly as possible what you think about all these. Is there anyone else refusing to pay and what do you do about it?I'm expecting a reply from you.
Thanks.

dama

Hi Nat,

I paid my fee. As much as i didn’t want to, i did. There are so many issues i wanted addressed before i parted with my money.

There should be an AGM called. The last one I believe was Feb 2008!! Do we have an active residence association that we could group together, and discuss all our issues?

You mention the company is owed 150k! If this is true, its complete madness. How can the people running our company let this happen - its totally ridiculous. I suppose if you don’t pay - it means the company will be further in debt. I think we the residences need to take our fingers out - get active and involved in the running of OUR company.

dublinnorth_Nat

Yes,more then 150K.I got email from them saying that.Also I've asked Paula (from Smyths)when is the next AGM on what I've got a reply asking what is the number of my apartment.What difference does it make?:confused: Anyway I've told her where we leave and after that I did not get any reply from her.I presume it was due to my unpaid invoice.

dublinnorth_Nat

Yes,I agree! We need to create Brackenwood Residence Association( if there's none in place already) and get active.We need at least 4-6 people in order to do that.Then our voices will be heard,because as it is at the moment Management Company attacking us one by one.