problems with water pump

Owner Occupier

Hi Guys
I'm having problems with my water pump. I'm in block 7. the apartment is circa 2.5 years old. Does anyone know if ther is a gaurantee or an
ything of the like. I would have thought that a water pump should have lasted a lot longer than this.

Jonny

Hi, describe the problem you are having? I had a problem with mine and a plumber came out and was able to fix it for me. I think he cleaned it or something.....and replaced a part for me. Didn't have to replace the whole thing.

Owner Occupier

Hi, describe the problem you are having? I had a problem with mine and a plumber came out and was able to fix it for me. I think he cleaned it or something.....and replaced a part for me. Didn't have to replace the whole thing.
I ended up getting the whole thing replaced. The plumber came out got it going but it stopped and rang again they said they would have to replace it. They probabley saw me coming but I needed the water.

Basically there is a capacitor much like a starter on a florescent light. The plumber fiddled with that and it started to work again. A different plumber came out and said it had seized and needed to be replaced. I just didn't argue. I needed it done. But if it happens again I know how to fix it.

Jonny

Inertia

I had the same problem late last year, the mgmt company and Woodgreen would'nt pay for a new pump so I had to fork out a few hundred quid :mad: Plumber said he worked on the development and that the pumps installed are sh*t, he also said that he's replaced a dozen or so pumps in the development over the last couple of years. I thought I'd get more than 16 months use from a water pump...

XboxAddict

Hi, we have had similar problem,it may just be the power board and if so they are available from Modern Plant on the Naas Rd and can be fitted by electrician, try turning on and off 3 times

Frankg

Hi all.
Only came across this website troday and I have been living in Premier Square for the last five years (owner/occupier).

I'm a plumber by trade and know all the problems with the development all too well.

Just to let you know the pumps are in fact one of the best pumps available but they are designed as a shower booster pump, not a whole house pump. If you have the pumps running for a long period of time they will go into lock-out mode as they are only designed to be running for a maximum of 30 min straight. They do this in order to prevent burning themselves out. These pumps only seize if they are left running with no water passing through them !! This problem only shows up if someone has just filled the bath, has a washer/dryer or dishwasher going at the same time, or the second shower is in use, immediately after the bath. This all results form the washer/dryer and/or dishwasher plumbed in wrong (or people having ridiculosly long showers !!)

The PCB board or capacitor in them can also go, just like the PCB board in a computer or gas boiler. The good news is it's only approx. €100 to supply and fit these boards. Most plumbers don't realise they can be changed or lack the knowledge to do so. Also keep in mind that the fused spur for the pump contains a fuse, normally 5amp. This fuse could be blown, it's usually the simple things with these pumps.

These appliances need to be plumbed into the mains water, especially the dishwasher. You know if yours has been installed correctly as you should not hear the pump run when these appliances are in use.

If you need any assistance (or work done), please feel free to drop me a PM

kop001

Hi all.
Only came across this website troday and I have been living in Premier Square for the last five years (owner/occupier).

I'm a plumber by trade and know all the problems with the development all too well.

Just to let you know the pumps are in fact one of the best pumps available but they are designed as a shower booster pump, not a whole house pump. If you have the pumps running for a long period of time they will go into lock-out mode as they are only designed to be running for a maximum of 30 min straight. They do this in order to prevent burning themselves out. These pumps only seize if they are left running with no water passing through them !! This problem only shows up if someone has just filled the bath, has a washer/dryer or dishwasher going at the same time, or the second shower is in use, immediately after the bath. This all results form the washer/dryer and/or dishwasher plumbed in wrong (or people having ridiculosly long showers !!)

The PCB board or capacitor in them can also go, just like the PCB board in a computer or gas boiler. The good news is it's only approx. €100 to supply and fit these boards. Most plumbers don't realise they can be changed or lack the knowledge to do so. Also keep in mind that the fused spur for the pump contains a fuse, normally 5amp. This fuse could be blown, it's usually the simple things with these pumps.

These appliances need to be plumbed into the mains water, especially the dishwasher. You know if yours has been installed correctly as you should not hear the pump run when these appliances are in use.

If you need any assistance (or work done), please feel free to drop me a PM
Frankg, I have a similiar problem now in my apartment in block nine if you are interested in takiing a look. I previously replaced the PCB board in 2008, if interested please let me now how to contact you