Problems With Apartments

MOLLIE

Hi,

I have moved into burnell court in the last six months. And was wondering does anybody have problems like doors falling off presses, really bad smell in either of the bathrooms, also bad condensation on windows which is going into their wall or leaks in the bathroom or bad water pressure or light tripping off and having no water. And how do people find the management company have they actually done anything for the money they are getting like cleaning the windows.

Regards
Mollie

joe valente

hey Mollie

I have noticed the some of the same things myself Mollie. Bad smells in the bathrooms which i thing is the fact that waste pipes all connected down the walls and in effect we're smell each others waste sometimes when water doesnt flush it away proparely ;( sounds bad i know but id say thats what it is...
Condensation i have had the same myself at the bedroom windows in mornings weather the air vent is open or not at night and the walls then get damp which isnt good, ive replaced 4 spot light bulbs already in 4 months ive been here:confused:
No probs with water or doors falling off yet as i can see. windows havent been cleaned either yet. Management company dont seem interested ive called them half a dozen times and every time the girls tells me the manager for burnell count services will call me back with an answer as she doesnt know how to fix or address my prob and the manager NEVER has, so longer they dont call the long they will have to wait for money next year from me. Was talkin to a girl from burnell square and she told me a door fell off on top of her:eek:

secuirty is a big one for me, theres be things happening in the car park as its open all day to anyone....

anyway rant over:eek:

Nerak

Mollie

Hi Joe Valantine,

Nice to get your reply hopefully you havent move out yet, wouldnt blame you if you did just on the condensation, had survey in last week. Builder in yesterday, today and tomorrow ripping out the surroundings of the windows as there is no insulation in them::( second set of lights blown trips off the entire power supply, walls sent me up the electrician after the first episode who said there was a loose wire he fixed it however heard him on the phone and he was resitting a failed exam. Also got new facets in both bathrooms and new toilet smell not so bad now however the apartments that are going up now got the newer facets in bathroom. Do you have any idea when the AGM for the management committee is know there was one last december so should be due another one sometime this month if i hear i will let you know hopefully you will do the same.

regards
Mollie

dublin13_karen

New resident

Hi guys,

I moved in 3 months ago and am very happy with my apartment. Walls have been excellent and really helpful - you should try contacting them if you have a problem, anyway all good so far - do you know of any other shops/services due to open here, Fresh is very handy but would love to know if anyone knows of any new ones due?

Shell_Dub

Hi Mollie... i would call Walls on 8023000 and log this with them. I've just called in an issue with the toilet and i've been in about a year. The flush is very weak and I've had friends trapped in the loo waiting for the cistern to fill to avoid embarrassment which is awful.

Walls have been quite helpful with lots of issues so I wouldn't hold back !

Shell_Dub

Mollie - I was told today that the AGM won't be until June. One every 18months however there are committee meetings which you can put your name down on with the ODPM guy (who never takes calls). My name is down apparently but as yet I haven't heard from them about any meetings. Chasing that at the moment.

Shell_Dub

A Wedding shop just opened last weekend over by Image Inc... sure that will come in handy ??? They seem to be opting for top end salons and shops. No chance of a dvd store i see. Although that could encourage the undesirables over from the bad side of the tracks.

rob_roy_ie

Moderator (Northern Cross)
Toilets

Hi All,

Has anyone spoken to walls about the sewage/ toilet issue? What have they done about solving the problem so far?

My main toilet is also a bad flusher and sometimes waste comes back into the bowl?

Has anyone successfully resolved this yet?

Thanks

joe valente

Didnt we get a letter saying they had got ppl out to fix it and had said it was because ppl flushing nappies and other waste items down the tiolets that dont break down in water and collecting in the end system. Asking residents not to flush such items..??? which is current and fair enough as i see it.number 1s and 2s and toilet paper only ppl.

Anyone noticing the fire alarm going off alot aswell (well 4 times in my block in as many months) this could become a cry wolf thing if a fire really breaks out everyone will think its another false alarm.:mad:

joe valente

nop

Walls say its not a common problem so they dont thinks its a biulding flaw ???

but as fare as i know everyone ive talked to in Northern Cross has the same problem ???:eek:

Joanrumray

Hi,

Am living in Burnell Court for the last year or so and am having terrible problems with noxious fumes venting into the main bathroom from god only knows where. It has been particularly bad this past month. The weather seems to have some influence over it, as in, when the weather is low-pressure and raining, problem seems to be worse. I have approached Walls reps. in the past about this and all they could offer me were some very long-winded (sometimes implausible) explanations as to what the problem might be, but no solutions. I read in someones thread that they had changed their toilet altogether. Did that work? The situation is such that I will take this further. Any suggestions???

See my post in the Paying ODPM Section

Hi,

I have emailed Valerie on a number of occations this week, so far no reply. Some serious issues in relation to the Health and Safety, we are no 5 days without any lighting nicluding emergency in the stairwell of Block 8, the lift lobby in the basement is in total darkness and was under an inch of water over the past weekend.

The new fees seem excessive compared to the level of service that ODPM are providing, perhaps like you say we should get together and sort this out. Any ideas in relation to meeting ?.

In relation to the smells, the apartments are covered by the The Premier Guarantee scheme, I would advise you to contact them and see if foul smells are covered, it would appear so from section 7.1 of the attached. It would seem that Coyle Hamilton Willis manage the scheme, contacts are Nick Coyle
nick.coyle@coylehamiltonwillis.ie, 016616211.

J

joska

any advice how to get off this 'beutifull' smell from the toilet?!

moo698

condensation on windows

Oh my God - only found this forum today. Have gone through hell the past winter with the amount of condensation on the windows. Was told by walls that had to keep heating on 24/7 and unsure all vents are open at all times even in the freezing cold. So you get a gale through your living room / bedroom but cuddle the heater and you’ll be fine????
The will not replace the sills in the apartment saying that its our fault it happened.

Cluremary

Esb

Hi I am living in Burnell Court for the past 8 months, I am just wondering if anyone else finds the ESB bills extremely high or if you know of any tips on how to keep the bills low......is it due to the storage heating??

Also has the management company ever cleaned the windows??

Nerak

Hi moo698,

I am living in Burnell Court for the past 3 years and we still have the toilet problem with the main en-suite.
The main bathroom toilet was replaced, there is not a wall in the appartment that has not been cut open to attempt to discover various problems and the surround structure of our windows was cut out in order to address the condensation!
Now they have decided that they want to gain a lot more money from us by flogging the car parking spaces that have been empty for overnight parking if you happen to be stupid enough to have a second car.
If you take a walk down the stairs in the building you will notice that the place is falling apart with dampness.
What have we massively over-paid for and where is our NAMA?

pring

I have been told that Burnell Court and all the owners are being sued because Paramount have refused to pay a company some outstanding bills that they agreed to. If this goes to court and a judgement is made we will have problems trying to sell out apartments. has anyone else heard this.

Nerak

I have been told that Burnell Court and all the owners are being sued because Paramount have refused to pay a company some outstanding bills that they agreed to. If this goes to court and a judgement is made we will have problems trying to sell out apartments. has anyone else heard this.
I have been told that OZO who used to provide the bin service have not been paid! We really have to do something about this Paramount lack of service.
I was told they made a 23% saving for us and then they went on to say that light fittings in the areas they are supposed to look after are burned out.
Very easy to make a so called saving if the thing isn't working at all.
The place is falling to pieces and all they can think about is how to get more money out of us!

moo698

Hi Smollen
Keep trying on the toliet thing. When we moved into apartment both toilets where extremely smelly and the flush was dogey. The ensuite toilet had to be replaced.
Its just really a joke at this point the amount of things that have gone wrong- very disappointing.