problem with neighbours

CastleRiada

Hi can anyone offer advice on problem neighbours
They have been causing problems such as leaving household waste scattered around their back garden (my garden now has rats/mice). Their own kids play in this and throw the rubbish over my back wall (breaking 2 of my windows) Their cats have a skin desease with open wounds and my own cat got this desease and had to be put down. They took a dog belonging to another neighbour and kept him locked out the back garden for over a week.
Can anyone advise me on what to do?

Deano

Have you approached the neighbours? Maybe a bit of a chat with them highlighting your concerns is the first step to take. As for their kids breaking your windows,well you could have gone to the police as its happened twice.I'd advise going in for a chat and explaining the situation with the mice etc and if you get no joy with that, you can always go to a mediation service and they can deal with your neighbour. Best of luck.

CastleRiada

i did call around when the windows broke but it was like talking to the wall. she doesn't seem to have much respect or care for anything. i dont want to encourage much interaction with her. i did log the windows with the gardai but with no proof there is little they can do. i also contacted SDCC coz i thought they had bought back the house but it appears to be privately rented out. Maybe I will call around again. thanks.

Deano

Don't be intimadated by her, talk to other neighbours near by they could be experiencing the same difficulties and may join you in approaching her, i wouldn't wish a neighbour like that on my worst enemy.

CastleRiada

she isn't aggressive towards me, just seems to be away with the faeries! unfortunately, because of the location of the house, I seem to be the only one affected by her. the neighbour on the other side of her notices the dirt but because they are not noisey is happy to leave them be. I was going to leave in a note with my greivances, maybe it might make affect? but i dont want her knocking on my door every day.
I've tried to find out who she is renting from but didn't get anywhere. i guess she is in receipt of hse funding - if anyone knows how i can contact them?