Priory Hall - General Discussion

woodseb

hi, most of the south block isn't in yet so i think we should wait until there is more people about till we call a meeting....

just another thing. how does everybody's extractor fan in the bathroom's work? don't think mine is connected, does it make a noise when the light is switched on?

prioryhall_Gill

Hi Woodseb & Judy Sands,

I hope neither of you think I was rude not replying to your posts...for some reason I only spotted your replies this morning!! thanks for getting back to me!

There seems to be a gap in the posts...or maybe its me!! :rolleyes:

Such a shame its taking so long for everyone to get in. I was speaking to Emma from coalport last week and she promised me faithfully she would call back to give me an update after her site visit...still waiting for her call!!!

Buiders not back now till aug 4th...so more waiting..not good!

gusher

Hi woodseb,

In my apartment there is a switch at the top of the wall above the bathroom door which I think needs to switched on for the fan to work. Also for the fan above the cooker. The fans don't seem to be great though.

gusher

You can here it alright but it's pretty quiet. I'm not sure if it's a problem with mine or if it's the same with all of them.

wolrabp

Our fan is pretty crap too, a good way to test it is on is to put a single sheet of toilet paper up to it when it is switched on (switch at top of wall outside boiler press). If it's working the paper should hold if not obviously it will fall.

A note for everyone, the fans are all controlled from a central unit. There is no motor in each individual fan (Kitchen, Bathroom, En-Suite), instead there is one extraction unit with ducts going back to each fan.

Nothing seems to get extracted from our kitchen, the bathroom seems ok, not great though.

Also has anyone in the North block heard those dogs barking at night, driving me mental!

P

prioryhall_audrey

i was waiting for someone to give out about the dogs and the loads of other animals they have in that garden personally i love it its great waking up in the morning to the noise of animals its like living near a farm... what i do not like the sound of is noisy cars that seem to be zipping past all the time there seems to be alot of lads out in the flied across the way with those sramblers or whatever they called thats what i call noise... :) ... on a different note does anyone have a problem with there sink ive had it changed well the pipe underneath it dosent seem to be very secure when the washing machine is on water seems to just drip from it ill have to get on to the builders again when they come back....

wolrabp

Audrey, I like dogs, believe me, but I don't like when 3 or 4 of them decide to start barking their heads off at random times during the night, like 1:30, 3:00 and 6:00. These are just an example of the times we have been woken up at! (Do I sound like a narky old man!)

I hear what you are saying about waking up to farm noises and I might tend to agree but sometimes the dogs sound like they are attacking each other, yelping and screaming. It's not really comparable to a farm IMO!

Anyway, regarding your sink, we had to get a new cap for the washing machine waste water pipe, I suspect it's the same one you are referring too. The plastic cap just broke because it was a flimsy piece of crap! Luckily we know a plumber who put a proper connection on it :)

ob4

i agree those dogs need to go ..... any suggestions ??
cars rallying in the fileds ? i'm more concerned about the cars rallying throught the development......

Judy Sands

I wouldn't be surprised if the owner of the house with the dogs will sell their land soon and build another 100 apartments on it!!
:rolleyes:

orlaith027

Block 20

hey, i bought back 2 years ago - mine is not even near ready - i do not have a balcony on mine and it was sold with one - i really dont know if i could be bothered going through the whole rigmaroll of trying to get some sort of money back . i am a single applicant - these guys are poor bad builders - i have heard nothing but trouble about them - how have people that have moved in found it :confused:

wolrabp

hey, i bought back 2 years ago - mine is not even near ready - i do not have a balcony on mine and it was sold with one - i really dont know if i could be bothered going through the whole rigmaroll of trying to get some sort of money back . i am a single applicant - these guys are poor bad builders - i have heard nothing but trouble about them - how have people that have moved in found it :confused:
Hi Orlaith,

We were in the same boat as you not so long ago, it is despairing and the fact that you don't have a balcony is a bit annoying to say the last. However i will say the inside of our apartment was fine in the end and we have it feeling like home nearly!

The hallways have been cleaned up and the main door to our block has been cleaned, these little things might seem insignificant but they make a big difference.

Anyway hang in there i'm sure people who have moved in will agree it's worth it...

wolrabp

i agree those dogs need to go ..... any suggestions ??
cars rallying in the fileds ? i'm more concerned about the cars rallying throught the development......
Ah OB4 we agree on something! How about a gat, a few sausages and some sleeping pills, see where i'm going? That way we all get a good nights sleep including the dogs!

bigchicken

I was on site at the weekend and i think i saw the dogs in question being taken for a walk - they are fairly vicious looking!

On another note - i hadn't been down in a while and i couldn't believe the state of the place, it looks worse than the last time i was there. Whats the story with the skip and the entrance to the south block car park. It looks like the JCB is broken and people seem to be just dumping their household rubbish into the skip. Surely the security guard could arrange for the skip to be emptied???

prioryhall_Lar

General

Hi,i big time agree with big chicken and something has to be done about that skip as it will attract all sort of pests like rats and mice,any sign of the management company doing anything or are we paying them to do nothing:eek:

Jack Jones

Has any resident of the site called the management company about this?

Also does anyone know what the story is with the carpark gates in the South Block?

prioryhall_Lar

skip

Hi was just onto the management company and they said the skip is not their skip and cant remove it but as for the cleaning of the area it is their job and they will look into it,everyone who has paid their fees needs to get onto them and put them under pressure.

Susannah

Hi - Ive been living in my apt in block 5 since the 1st May.
I was very disappointed with the exterior when I moved in - its badly finished, looks dirty and they still have not even cleaned my windows even tho Ive paid €1200 maintenance for the lst 3 months.
Anyway - Im happy with the inside of the apt - it was exactly as the show apt was. that was until a few weeks ago my wooden floors started to buckle in the hall & I realised the shower in the en-suite is not sealed or leaking.
My floors will have to be pulled up & replaced and the shower fixed.
I cant contact the builders about this until next week cos the holidays but Im pretty sure Im going to have a bit of hassle getting them to fix it as they are a nightmare!
I also heard of another girl with the same problem. Lets hope that this is the only problem I encounter with the interior.