Ongar safe place to live or not?

cocojumbo12001

Hi all,

I am intersted to buy a house in Ongar area (Hansfield, Castaheany or Ongar Green) and I would need to know if it is safe or not to live there. I know, bad things happen everywhere, but maybe you can give me some advice about this area.

Thanks.

tomk

Well, I've lived here in Ongar for 6 years and thankfully, never had any issues for me, my property or car. I feel safe in the area and have no problems walking around at night. There is a fairly sizeable immigrant and rental population in the terraced houses/apartments closer to the Ongar shops (neither of which pose any issues and the immigrant families that live along side me all make good neighbours). Families with young kids also make up a large percentage. If you have a family, I'd recommend it. There are 3 primary and 1 secondary schools in the area which are walking distance. The shops and Dunnes have most things you need and we are even getting a pub soon. A train station at Hansfield was to open last Sept but hopefully will open by end of this year. Clonsilla train station is 20 minute walk away.

I have no regrets with Ongar (apart from buying when prices were sky high!!)

cocojumbo12001

Thanks for your reply. I had a very good impression about this place since I've seen it, but is much better if you have the residents opinion. I really appreciate you quick response.

lillypink

Hi, I've lived in Ongar for the past 6 years and have never had any problems. I feel safe enough to go out running at night alone (I'm female) and have done so for years and again have never had any problems.