Old Chocolate Factory Apartments Delay

dublin8_lynn

Solicitor drew money down and tried to arrange closing. Builder solicitor said that they did not have all the paperwork and it would take a day or two. That was a week ago. Have requested solicitor to return money to lender. Something strange going on, how come the paperwork is not ready if they have issued closure notice!
Cant believe that. They are really messing people around. Have you been able to close yet?

Andrew123

That is ridiculous. The Managing Surveyor called me in response to a letter I sent in April. I wasn' t too satisfied but got an email of spec finishes and confirmation that Septmeber is the closing time for my apartment?

I also received the letter re: the hotel gym. What a joke. 14 months membership for the price of 12!! What a crappy offer. The marketing brochure again misleads and simply confirms the product they sold us is not what we are getting; Quote: "Membership is exclusive to residents and hotel guests, with preferential terms available." Its open to the public!!

dublin8_lynn

14 months membership for the price of 12!! What a crappy offer. The marketing brochure again misleads and simply confirms the product they sold us is not what we are getting; Quote: "Membership is exclusive to residents and hotel guests, with preferential terms available." Its open to the public!!
The offer of 14 months for 12 is also available to all residents in the area. Leaflets offering those terms were posted to every household in Kilmainham. So, despite the what they say in the letter posted to us in early May .. ''we have arrange for a special membership for all the new Kilmainham Square residents only'' ...this is rubbish. I intend to complain to them about this. If they are being cagey with the truth about gym membership, what else will they hold back???

ToshieB

Sapphire

Have you had any movement yet on the apt?

I've bought in the live/work units right opposite your unit and got a letter saying completion end of May 07

Was over there last week and the electrician said the apts would be 2 weeks away...i doubt that..in fairness the whole place is still a construction site..and I dont know what it would be like to live there when there is still 2 large cranes on the site

:confused:

sapphire

Hi Toshie B,

got call from Lalco today about closing, saying they were ready to close. So i assume it should be completed this week. I will post when i finally have the keys.

Uctoshocked

More good news today........

I had received a letter last month informing me that my place would be ready in September. I was in the area today so I went to the site. I got talking to the foreman, a helpful chap called Alan, who informed me there was an 8 week delay in securing the correct type of window and that he expected the apartment to be completed "by year end".

deetinsel 10

Hi

Did anyone else receive a letter saying that they were changing the layout of their appartment?

I was told that they would be ready in september, but i cannot see this happening.. - visited the site last weekend and was disappointed with it

Andrew123

Unbelievable

I can't believe this could push to the year end. Its crazy. Regarding the change in layout. Is it in your favour? Are you getting more sqaure footage?

If not, consult your solicitor. They cannot fundamentally change your apartment from the one you purchased!

dublin8_lynn

I also received a letter regarding the change in layout. Whilst querying this, I was told by Lalco that they are hoping for site to be completed & final snagging by end of August. Apparently they are completely within their rights to change the layout, however my main worry but be why they are doing this.

ac1976

They are allowed to do this, its explicitely stated in the contracts.

They have had to get palnning permission for the alterations which they got in 2006 and you can view these on www.dublincity.ie
They got permission to change some of the live/work units to regular apartments. They also got permission to make MINOR alterations to all apartments and specific alterations named apartments (presumable the 40 or so unsold units)
Planning reference: 5883/05 give the details:
GRANTED PERMISSION FOR:
"Minor internal alterations to all apartments at all floors to incorporate bathroom pod and design development requirements throughout. 6) Minor alterations to all elevations to reflect additions and alterations to the floor plans. 7) Revision to Core 1at Level-1 to include conversion of apartment no. 101 (previously no.1) from 2 bedroom apartment to 3 bedroom apartment. 8) Revision to Core 3 at level-1 to include conversion of apartment no. 301 (previously no.1) from 3 bedroom apartment to 2 bedroom apartment. 9) Revision to Core 4 at level-1 to include conversion of apartment no. 408 (previously No.8) from 1 bedroom apartment to 2 bedroom apartment. 10) Revision to Core 1 at Level 2 to include conversion of apartment no. 125 (previously no. 26) & apartment no. 130 (previously no.31) from two 1 bedroom apartments to two 2 bedroom apartments. 11) Revision to Core 2 at Level 2 to include conversion of apartment No. 227 (previously no.27) & apartment no. 232 (previously no.32) from two 1 bedroom apartments to two 2 bedroom apartments. 12) Revision to Core 2 at level 2 to include conversion of apartment no. 228 (previously no.28) from 3 bedroom apartment to 2 bedroom apartment. 13) Revision to Core 3 at level 2 to include conversion of apartment no. 312 (previously no. 12) from 2 bedroom apartment to 1 bedroom apartment and addition of new 1 bedroom apartment No. 315. 14) Revision to Core 4 at level 2 to include conversion of apartment no. 427 (previously no.26) & apartment no. 432 (previously no. 31) from two 1 bedroom apartments to two 2 bedroom apartments. 15) Revision to Core 4 at level 2 to include conversion of apartment no. 428 (previously no. 27) & apartment no. 431 (previously no. 30) from two 3 bedroom apartments to two 2 bedroom apartments. 16) Revision to Core 5 at level 2 to include conversion of apartment no. 518 (previously no.19) from 1 bedroom apartment to 2 bedroom apartment. 17) Revision to Core 5 at level 2 to include conversion of apartment no. 519 (previously no. 20) from 3 bedroom apartment to 2 bedroom apartment. 18) Addition of new floor at level 3 of Core 3 to provide two additional apartments 1 two bedroom apartment No. 316 and 1 bedroom apartment No. 317. 19) Revision to Core 2 at level 5 to include conversion of apartment (previously no. 41) from 3 bedroom apartment to 2 bedroom apartment No. 241 and addition of new 1 bedroom apartment No. 242. 20) Addition of new floor at level 6 of Core 2 to provide for four additional apartments three 2 bedroom apartments No. 245, No. 247, & No. 248 and one new 1 bedroom apartment No. 246. 21) Addition of new floor at Level 7 of Core 2 to provide for 3 additional apartments one 4 bedroom apartment No. 248 and two 2 bedroom apartments No. 249 & No. 250. 22) Revision to Core 4 at Level 7 to include conversion of apartment (previously no. 48) from 3 bedroom apartment to 3 bedroom apartment No. 448 and addition of new 2 bedroom apartment No. 449. 23) Revision to Core 4 at Level 7 to include conversion of apartment (previously no. 49) from 3 bedroom apartment to 2 bedroom apartment No. 450 and addition of new 2 bedroom apartment No. 451. 24) Addition of new floor at level 8 of Core 4 to provide for four additional aprtments one three bedroom apartment No. 452 and 3 two bedroom apartments No. 453, No. 454 & No. 455. 25) Addition of new floor at level 9 of Core 4 to provide for two additional apartments one 4 bedroom apartment No. 458 and one 3 bedroom apartments No. 457."

ToshieB

Sapphire any update?

Sapphire

Have you had any progress since your last message?

Its July now and Ive heard nothing after originally being told I would be snagging by the end of May.

Builders holidays are coming up aswell so prospects of a quick turnaround are not good

Franky_Valli

Sapphire

Its July now and Ive heard nothing after originally being told I would be snagging by the end of May.

Builders holidays are coming up aswell so prospects of a quick turnaround are not good
You should try ringing the company. I've been onto them recently and found them to be a lot more helpful than they used to be.

sapphire

Sapphire

Hi Toshie B

Yes finally closed a week ago. Forgot to post update. Been busy.

From speaking with the site forman, there should be very little snagging on future apts as Lalco are snagging apts themselves . I snagged apt myself and would recommend it rather than paying somebody to do it. These apt are extremely well finished.

dublin8_horse

Management Fee

Have any of the new owners been informed of what the management fees are, or who the agency is? I have sent some queries to Lalco but have not received a response.

sapphire

Management fees were 1150 euro for 1 bed with one parking space. Dont know who the management company is as fee was paid as part of closing. Undoutably this fee will rise in year 2:(

Uctoshocked

As an aside, I heard that some buyers in the Vantage Apartments in Leopardstown (also being developed by you know who) have been told that their apartments, originally due for completion in April '08, are now not likely to be ready before February 09.

Sadly I didn't hear what selection box of excuses they were offered for the delay!

hooper

Does anyone know anything about Core 1, such as an anticipated completion date?

I bought in March 2005 at the pre-launch) but sadly have heard no more since. I tried as recently as the 1st week in july to find out when Core 1 might be ready but the furthest I could get was a very rude auctioneer (he didnt even introduce himself) who advised me to voice my concerns with my solicitor! The most bewildering factor being that by the end of the conversation he couldnt possibly listened to any of "my concerns" above his own jive never mind advice me on a course of action ( an expensive one too).

Incidently I have heard of people who at snagging were presented with apartments which did not remotely represent what they felt they had bought, is this true?

hooper

Does anyone know anything about Core 1, such as an anticipated completion date?

I bought in March 2005 (at the pre-launch) but sadly have heard no more since. I tried as recently as the 1st week in july to find out when Core 1 might be ready but the furthest I could get was a very rude auctioneer (he didnt even introduce himself) who advised me to voice my concerns with my solicitor! The most bewildering factor being that by the end of the conversation he couldnt possibly listened to any of "my concerns" above his own jive never mind advice me on a course of action ( an expensive one too).

Incidently I have heard of people who at snagging were presented with apartments which did not remotely represent what they felt they had bought, is this true?

ac1976

I rang Lalco, and they said the September deadline still stands with the builder, meaning that all of the apartments should be ready for snagging by the end of September.
The guy was very nice and said they will be posting us an update over the next couple of weeks.

Also, you might have noticed they have placed a banner up on the site announcing the next phase for sale, I believe they have about 40 apartments they held back from sale at the original launch.
They have created a show apartment which I guess will be open soon.
It looks very impressive!

http://www.millimetredesign.com/PORTFOLIO_GALLERY/PORTFOLIO_RESIDENTIAL/3 - Old Chocolate Factory/CHOCOLATE_FACTORY_01.HTML