O'Farrell Property Management

rectory

Does anyone have any thoughts on how O'Farrell Property Management are handling the estate? I have been trying to obtain specific information on what my previous years management fee has been spent on but I am told I have to wait for the AGM in late September. They seem to forget that they are spending my money and that I have the right to know what they are doing with it. Am I being unreasonable? I have found the management agents to be very unhelpful and evasive on certain issues.

Any thoughts?

dublinsouth_ais

Does anyone have any thoughts on how O'Farrell Property Management are handling the estate? I have been trying to obtain specific information on what my previous years management fee has been spent on but I am told I have to wait for the AGM in late September. They seem to forget that they are spending my money and that I have the right to know what they are doing with it. Am I being unreasonable? I have found the management agents to be very unhelpful and evasive on certain issues.

Any thoughts?
Hi - I recently phoned the O'F PM to enquire as to why the charge had increased and was told that the house's increase was offset by a reduction to the apartments as the houses need to contribute more to the lanscaping costs. I pointed out that the main green area is designated as Public Open Space only to be informed that the council would not take over this area for four or five years and in the meantime we would likely have to pay for it's development. I was also told that any 'excess' would be held in a pooled account. i.e they have no valid reason for increasing the fee only that they feel they might need it.
I will certainly be in favour of appointing an independent PM co as soon as the builders have completed their works. I do not feel O'F Pm want to be questionned or challenged on any issue!

aislingcosgrave

i feel the same. dont know what work has been done so far by them. the pot holes in the estate are a disgrace also and the general appearance when u drive in. i mean you would think the estate was just opened

dublinsouth_ais

Window Cleaning

Oh- dear, now I have another gripe. I received a letter from OF OM advising window cleaning would take place this month but I assumed it was a mistake. This morning I walked into my kitchen to discover a window cleaner in my BACK garden. I told him that he was on private property. Although he was only doing what he was asked to do, he agreed that he should check out as to whether or not they should be really cleaning the houses. He also said that he had climbed into to a neighbours by walking over the kitchen extension because their side-gate was closed. They are actually on holiday & will no doubt be outraged that anyone was in their garden without permission.
Does anyone have an opinion on this - I am really shocked that O'F PM have engaged window cleaners for the houses.

rectory

Window cleaning

I think that its crazy that OFPM have engaged window cleaners at all, whether for apartments or houses. I'm in a 2 bed ground floor apartment and they wouldn't clean the windows leading on to the balcony. That meant they only cleaned three of the windows and I'm going to have to do the rest myself. I would have been happy to clean them all myself if I had known that they were only going to do half the job. Typical OFPM, spending our money recklessly.

Oh- dear, now I have another gripe. I received a letter from OF OM advising window cleaning would take place this month but I assumed it was a mistake. This morning I walked into my kitchen to discover a window cleaner in my BACK garden. I told him that he was on private property. Although he was only doing what he was asked to do, he agreed that he should check out as to whether or not they should be really cleaning the houses. He also said that he had climbed into to a neighbours by walking over the kitchen extension because their side-gate was closed. They are actually on holiday & will no doubt be outraged that anyone was in their garden without permission.
Does anyone have an opinion on this - I am really shocked that O'F PM have engaged window cleaners for the houses.