North or South

Lolly

Hello to all,

Just wondering if one had a choice on where to live - North Block or South Block. Whats the difference.

scally

Trying to start an argument here? ;)

They're both fantastic. It's not really the block that matters, it's the size and aspect of the apartment that makes the most difference.

There's actually little difference - the North block looks out onto the Liffey, the South looks out onto Grand Canal Dock. The layout of both blocks is pretty much identical.

Lolly

As I will be a newcomer to longboat quay I would'nt dare start an argument NOT YET anyway.

Thanks for your view.

scally

I was joking of course. As it happens a bunch of us from both blocks have met up a few times since moving in, and we had a bit of fun doing some north block/south block slagging. All very good natured.

There have been a few unsavoury discussions on this forum, but I don't think that reflects the atmosphere in Longboat Quay at all, it just happens very easily on an anonymous forum.

Wecome to Longboat and I hope you enjoy it!

NickieJane

Just wondering if one had a choice on where to live - North Block or South Block. Whats the difference.
Hi Lolly

If your talking about afforable housing it depended on the order you were pulled out of the draw. I was one of the first so i got a choice of i think it 18 apartments. But i believe people pick out after had less coose

1st picked out of draw- choice of 20 apartments
2nd picked out of draw- choice of 19 apartments
etc..

Lolly

Thanks for that,

Any further news on the management fees.
Does anyone know how many units are in the Longboat Quay development.