noisy neighbours

maggs

Anyone any suggestins? I have a family living overhead with young children who never seem to go to bed. The probelm is that they have wooden floors and all i hear all night is the sound of kids running up and down, jumping etc. I would'nt write this only its bad, what to do?

SaraO

Hi Maggs. The problem might be with the floor. I don't have anyone living above me but when the builders are in I can hear every step they take. I complained about it and when they checked, they said it IS too noisy (they have had a few complaints about noise between floors in the apartment blocks), but they said they won't do anything until someone moves in above me. There is also supposed to be a clause in the management committee document that says people have to use suitable flooring.

maggs

Hi SaraO. Who did you complain to? The problrm is that the apt. above is rented so there are tenants living there.
What can the mgmt company do?? I dont want to cause unpleasantness but it is really really annoying.

SaraO

I'm not sure what can be done after someone has moved in - that's why I made my complaint early. I phoned the builders and got the site foreman to check the noise level - not sure if they are planning to do anything about it but I'll keep complaining if someone moves in and nothing is done.