New Development

Just wanted to know did any other residents of Chambers Park notice that it looks like they were starting a new site in the field parallel to the motorway., I myself have noticed that it looks to be laid out for a new development after having paid not to be overlooked at the back!!!!

kildare_sickpuppy

Moderator (Chambers Park)
yeah its been done by another developer i believe. When i bought my place i was told that there was permission for houses there, i just didn't expect them to start so soon because when i was talking to the foreman he said it wasn't going to be built on for a long time.
If you told different there is not a lot you can do unless you have it in writing , write a letter of complaint to the manager of the person who told you this or the governing association for estate agents, you never know you might get some satisfaction.
It wasn't really an issue with me but i live in one of the houses with just rendering at the front and no brickwork. A few of my neighbours wanted the brickwork and weren't told they were only getting the rendering. When they complained they were told to like it or lump it. Typical builder customer service, all great till you hand over the money, then they dont want to know.

kildare_sickpuppy

actually just an ammendment on what i said. When i put the deposite on my place well over a year ago , i asked about the field behind me. What the estate agent said was that there were no plans to build on it but that it would probably be developed eventually. I doubt all the planning was done in a year so they probably knew it was going to be built on but didn't tell us. They didný tell me that you could change your kitchen design either ( not that i'm too bothered) but sent me out a letter a few months later telling me that it was now too late to ask for it be changed!
Hopefully we can keep the trees at the back on the houses, have some privacy.

kildare_sickpuppy

i've just found out that they are building 180 units behind us and once the swerage and water is sorted out they will be building 800 units in total with a road linking up to behind the GAA club. the estate agents definitely forgot to tell us about that