management fees

LizardKing

yes .. the bill is all over the place ... it's very hard to work out.

They are now charging 10% extra in fee's but have a "deal" if you pay "their way" then you get 10% off (or the fee from last year)

I'd say it's a tactic to try to bully unhappy people into paying more quickly:rolleyes:

Pioneer

If you are not happy with a mangagement AGENT, you dismiss that agent -you do not withhold payment from your own management COMPANY.

As for the bill, basically, there is a 10% surcharge if you do not pay in full/or through the arrangements which have been set out.

Anyone who doesn't pay on time, deserves to be sued for the full amount + 10% extra + legal costs.

LizardKing

If you are not happy with a mangagement AGENT, you dismiss that agent -you do not withhold payment from your own management COMPANY.

As for the bill, basically, there is a 10% surcharge if you do not pay in full/or through the arrangements which have been set out.

Anyone who doesn't pay on time, deserves to be sued for the full amount + 10% extra + legal costs.

Thanks Frank ... :rolleyes:

ian brown

yea it seems like a bit of a con, its not 10 % off its just a 10% fine if you dont pay up , which would be fine if they just said it like that instead of patronising!!!

ucanfindants

And their first born taken too.. Dont forget that...

Id have no issue paying on time or not with-holding fees if the mgt agent weren't so utterly smug and self righteous about every single issue. I've lost count of how many conversations have been sneered at down the phone, and requests completely ignored or dismissed. And I know I'm not alone, most of my block are more than happy to have the agent replaced asap.

funkyformal

I agree with previous posters, at first glance it looks like a discount for paying promptly using one of the payment options set out. In reality they are simply holding the fees at last year's rates and introducing a surcharge if you don't pay on time.

I would prefer if they didn't use this pretend special offer/discount marketing and be a little more honest. At the last AGM they said they were legally pursuing a small number of non-payers of the management fees (<5) so I'm not sure whether they are simply introducing more flexible payment arrangements or are trying to introduce a stealth penalty (10%) for those in harder times.

Pioneer

And their first born taken too.. Dont forget that...

Id have no issue paying on time or not with-holding fees if the mgt agent weren't so utterly smug and self righteous about every single issue. I've lost count of how many conversations have been sneered at down the phone, and requests completely ignored or dismissed. And I know I'm not alone, most of my block are more than happy to have the agent replaced asap.
I made two points:
1) residents pay the service charge to their own company. It is the company which pays the agent. If there is a better/cheaper agent, our company should dump assured. (any suggestions?).
2) Given that residents can now pay in 6 installments, there is little excuse for not paying on time. Anyone who is late - should either plead for mercy (if they have a good reason) or pay the 10% and if after a warning they are still late, then they (and not the rest of us through our company) should pay the legal fees.