Management Fees

Shrike

There's an article in today's Irish Times about the growing problem of management fees not being paid and services being subsequently withdrawn and sinking funds being depleted to cover shortfalls.

The article can be found at

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/commercialproperty/2010/0512/1224270192893_pf.html

In light of the recent residents' meeting, which was convened to address the problem of management fees, this is relevant.

Does anyone know if anything has happened since the last meeting? Has the proposed letter been sent to Glenkerrin?

Minnie~dip

I see we all got our statements for our management fees for the coming year.
No increase - thank god.

However, last year they had the option to do the payments by direct debit on a quarterly basis - does anyone know if that option is still available?

I've tried ringing Veris but our agents phone has been set to voicemail all afternoon....

Shrike

I would have thought that if there's no end date on the previous direct debit then it should still be in force and payments will be made quarterly as before, unless you cancelled it or didn't avail of it last year.

Has anyone heard any feedback from the last residents' meeting?

Minnie~dip

I would have thought that if there's no end date on the previous direct debit then it should still be in force and payments will be made quarterly as before, unless you cancelled it or didn't avail of it last year.

Has anyone heard any feedback from the last residents' meeting?

I was paying by direct debit last year, but this years letter doesn't mention anything about it - thats why I was trying to get a hold of the agent today in Veris, no joy though, and emails never seem to get responded too.

Shrike

Bill to regulate management firms for apartment blocks

Article in today's Irish Times - new bill finally introduced in the Dáil yesterday.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0611/1224272269182.html

Notably:

"The Minister told the House the Bill would provide new transparency standards on service charges and sinking fund contributions along with proper annual meetings to manage the affairs of the company and the adoption of house rules to improve the quality of life for residents and resolve disputes."

and

"The Bill also deals with partially completed developments and requires the developer to transfer ownership of the common areas in the development to the management company within six months."

Looks like we, as residents, should now push Glenkerrin/Veris to transfer ownership sooner rather than later.

CiaraDunne18

I've just received a call from a guy at the management Company AGAIN asking me questions about when i will be paying my management fees. As yet i have not paid anything for this year. I was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat and also if we have heard any feedback after the last Residents Association meeting.

Minnie~dip

Ciara - in regards to the same situation clarification is required as to whether you are withholding the fees or just like so many others in bother making ends meet?

I'd like to hear feedback from the meeting too - I pay by direct debit, so I can't stop the payment of fees to the company - so if anyone paying by dd is coughing up and others aren't there will end up being more hassle I feel.

CiaraDunne18

Ciara - in regards to the same situation clarification is required as to whether you are withholding the fees or just like so many others in bother making ends meet?

I'd like to hear feedback from the meeting too - I pay by direct debit, so I can't stop the payment of fees to the company - so if anyone paying by dd is coughing up and others aren't there will end up being more hassle I feel.
Hi Minnie
Sadly the latter is true with regard to fees. But im wondering is anyone else getting pressure to pay them. As im paid up till April this year i feel they are putting unnecessary pressure to get the payment for the coming year.

mcgaley

Hi

Just wondering has anyone taken a look at Veris website?

Veris plc (In Members Voluntary Liquidation)
At an extraordinary general meeting of the company held on the 11th February 2010 it was resolved that Veris Public Limited Company would be wound up as a Members’ Voluntary Liquidation. Simon Coyle of Mazars, Block 3 Harcourt Centre, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, was appointed Liquidator.
Note all admitted creditors have been or will be paid in full.

How does this effect us?

Also, is it standard for these guys to send out invoices for management fees but no statement of accounts for the previous year???

Thanks

Minnie~dip

Hi

Just wondering has anyone taken a look at Veris website?

Veris plc (In Members Voluntary Liquidation)
At an extraordinary general meeting of the company held on the 11th February 2010 it was resolved that Veris Public Limited Company would be wound up as a Members’ Voluntary Liquidation. Simon Coyle of Mazars, Block 3 Harcourt Centre, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, was appointed Liquidator.
Note all admitted creditors have been or will be paid in full.

How does this effect us?

Also, is it standard for these guys to send out invoices for management fees but no statement of accounts for the previous year???

Thanks

The phrase blood from a stone comes to mind when trying to get details outta Veris in regards to the accounts!!
I've registered with the CRO so as soon as St Edmunds Management Company lodge documents of any kind I get an email - i haven't received one as yet this year!
I do know that they can't call an AGM unless the annual accounts have been circulated to all members prior to the meeting - I've asked numerous times about the financials and the AGM, the only response is that I'll be notified when they are ready.