Management Fees

Rogie-Bear

Hey,

I am just about to move into block B in Heywood Court and so have just gotten the Management Fees and they are over €2k. Is this right? I know someone living in Carrington and they are only €1,450 how can there be so much in the difference? (1st floor and I am actually ground floor)

How re they calculated and how can it be justified to charged so much more than other developments?

dublin9_ClaireW

Hi Rogie-Bear,

Welcome to Heywood and yes, unfortunately it's true about the management fee situation.

It comes down, basically, to the fact that Heywood was originally zoned as commerical land. When it was rezoned as residential the deal was that residents in the apartments would pay towards the maintenance of the commercial land in the estate. It was cunningly disguised in the contracts - I don't think anyone picked it up until it was too late.

So basically, the €500 difference between our fees and Carrington's comes down to this.

Claire

Rogie-Bear

Hi Rogie-Bear,

Welcome to Heywood and yes, unfortunately it's true about the management fee situation.

It comes down, basically, to the fact that Heywood was originally zoned as commerical land. When it was rezoned as residential the deal was that residents in the apartments would pay towards the maintenance of the commercial land in the estate. It was cunningly disguised in the contracts - I don't think anyone picked it up until it was too late.

So basically, the €500 difference between our fees and Carrington's comes down to this.

Claire
Thanks for this Claire.

It's quite a steep difference! Will this always be the case or will this be subject to change over time do you know?