management fees

Ella

just got home to a management fee bill for belfry Hall!! The bill doesn't say when it needs to be paid, and that the time covered is 1st July 2007 - 30th June 2008. The amount is approx 720 Euro's. If I understand this bill correctly, I need to pay a further 720 on top of my 1300 Euro last year??? and then a new years fees in July 2008???? I'm a bit confused cos over 2000 Euro's for 1 years management fees seems a bit more than I ever imagined!!! Friends in apartments in town with common areas and lifts etc.. don't have fees that high!!! Maybe I've just misinterpreted this???? :confused:

DDD

fees

just got home to a management fee bill for belfry Hall!! The bill doesn't say when it needs to be paid, and that the time covered is 1st July 2007 - 30th June 2008. The amount is approx 720 Euro's. If I understand this bill correctly, I need to pay a further 720 on top of my 1300 Euro last year??? and then a new years fees in July 2008???? I'm a bit confused cos over 2000 Euro's for 1 years management fees seems a bit more than I ever imagined!!! Friends in apartments in town with common areas and lifts etc.. don't have fees that high!!! Maybe I've just misinterpreted this???? :confused:
hi just a letter to it says on mine it has to be paid by the 6th of march which is next thursday. i think this is a disgrace only giving us 6 days notice and they are quoting 3500 euro for their fee of window clean!!!!! eh what window cleaning??? and the doors which is an on going problem.the flooding in the underground carpark. along with many other issues.. does anyone else have a problem with a lack of notice we have gotten i for one was told it wasnt going to have to be paid till the summer. and i certainly dont have the money they are asking for just sitting there on 6 days notice i will be ringing them in the morning. this is digraceful.

ab123

Have not gotten fees yet (did they include a breakdown of the last year too?)....Ella you need to check and see what period your last fees covered and then see if what you are being asked to pay is correct. If not, contact sandra vedres (svedres@odpm.ie) for clarification. Crazy short time to pay for it but I don't think this is so stringent....should give you a month to be honest!!

For the record are you saying that they are charging window cleaning for next year or the last year as we definitely did not yet receive window cleaning in the year 07-08.

Ella

there is a break down of fees for period 1/7/07-30/6/08. They include window cleaning but they also acknowledge that this service has not yet been provided and will be done in next few months. It seems that ODPM are saying (in my case) that they did not receive the entire amount of fees I paid on sigining and getting my keys last year (1300 Euro approx). I'm obviously going to have to contact Laragan to clarify matters here. However, the breakdown of fees cover to 30th June 2008. If I'm reading this correctly, you must return a direct debit mandate by 6th March, otherwise pay the amount in full. There is no date given for paying the full amount!!!

Laura27

Received this on Friday as well and agree that the 6th March is very very short notice. However, we are in a year now and i had been expecting fees to come in shortly.

From what i can gather the bbreakdown they give covers June 06 until July '07. And the fees we are being requested to pay are from July '07 until July '08. Now, as we (us personally) paid €1307 in Feb '07 that covered us for a year. I think ODPM are now trying to regularise us all into paying at the same time each financial year, regardless of when we moved in. Our statement shows a balance brought forward of approx €700 (which i presume is unused fees from June '06 - Feb '07, before we moved in). The remaining odd €700 was used to cover July '07 until present day and now we need to pay up the balance to bring us to the end of July '08.
The breakdown includes window cleaning for next year, not the previous year.
How are other people finding this as i understand some people in Block D have not paid fees since Sept '06?Have you gotten a lot more to pay?

Caddywhack

I got my keys in November 06 and paid €1307 to the developers then as management fees. My breakdown is €303 brought forward and an amount now payable of €1195. I'm not very happy with the breakdown of the fees as it does not show what the initial €1307 was spent on. For example, if €3,500 has been allocated for window cleaning what happened to this allocation for my previous fees as no window cleaning has been done todate. I would also expect that a copy of Belfry Hall Management Company's audit to have been included with this documentation. I've contacted the Sam Kirwan person referred to in the newsletter about the direct debit option to see how much it is monthly.

ab123

So are they asking you to pay higher fees caddywhack if last years was 1307€ and this year is 1195€ and 303€...that does not really make sense....

Ella

just got a reply from ODPM re fees. The management fee for year 1/7/07 - 30/6/08 is 1500 Euro. We (in Block C) have paid an amount from Feb-July 07and the remainder is the balance brought forward. I have queried Block C fees paid between Feb 07 - May 07, because ODPM did not take over this Block until May 2007. I'm unsure why we need to pay fees for a period when ODPM made it very clear to me at the time that any block C issues were not their problem.

darren1x

from what i can see and im living there since last august in block b, is that they want this stupid amount of money for them doing nothing other than sending people on a monday morning to run a hoover over the lobby and corridors.

dec76

I'm in block D and got my keys at the end of October 2006. I don't understand how I'm being charged for fees from June 2006 when the development wasn't even complete. My fees are 1500 with 190 brought forward.

Hart

I got my keys in Oct 07, also paid €1307 and now owe a further €195. In addition, I will owe another €1500 in July for thier very convenient year end. That means in total, I will have paid €3000 in management fees for 9 months which works out at €11 a day. What a joke. I also wonder why these places never base the fees on the time from which the tennant paid, i.e. if you first pay in October, you should pay the following October and I won't buy inconvernience here because car insurers etc. can manage it.

Oh and just as an aside, if you are on the ground floor, you wont have you’re windows cleaned because they are not “inaccessible” but you will still pay for the non existing service. I’m actually laughing here at the absurdity of some of the crap they put on paper.

Ella

I've just been talking to the finance dept of ODPM. The issue with regard to paying fees (in Block C between Feb and May 07) has been referred to the manager of Finance. ODPM did not have any role in this block until May 07 and my memories of filty common areas, no post etc are still vivid!!! I will assume that a revised payment will be looked at....hope I'm not being naive about this!!! I'm annoyed that ODPM would seek payment for this period cos I remember David Durning telling me not to call until May 07 re issues cos it wasn't an ODPM problem!!!!

Caddywhack

Hart, if you only got your keys in October 2007 then you should not be being charged for July to October 2007. The 1500 due this July will be for the year 2008 to 2009 which is correct. But DEFINITELY you should not be paying anymore than the €1307 you paid in October and if anything they should be carrying some money forward for you. You should really raise this with the finance guy, Sam Kirwan is who I've been emailing this morning. With regard to the window cleaning, if no deduction of this charge is being made from your management fees then you should be entitled to have them cleaned regardless of location within the complex. This is the sort of stuff that will be said to us, but we do not have to accept it. I'm not on the ground floor but would fully support those of you who are having your windows cleaned if your management fees are not being reduced accordingly.

Hart

Thanks Caddywhack, I'll try that guy. I have left two messages for Sandra this morning and she's replied to neither. I rang the main number of ODPM to speak to someone in Finance as per Ella's post and they wouldn't put me through stating that the elusive Sandra was the only one I could deal with.

On a general note, I think I recall from the recess of my brain somewhere, that if something is paid for already, a contract is implied. Therefore, if anyone has paid the €1307 since 1 July 2007, then that is binding contract between ODPM and the resident meaning they are not in a legal position to up the fees mid year regardless of their financial year. On the other hand if this is the case, they may have cleverly created a loophole by allowing Laragan;s solicitor's to collect the fee.

Ella

Hart, I spoke with Emma kavanagh (ekavanagh@odpm.ie) she was helpful and stated that the matter re Block C has been referred to the finance manager and that she'd get back to me!! I find emailing is the best way to get through. A lady called Vera at the helpdesk put me through on the phone, dunno whether she was supposed to do this!! I was told that sandra isn't around today!!

Caddywhack is absolutely correct in that you should not have to pay a penny fees for year 07-08. And possibly ODPM should owe you money!!

Emma7

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone is going to pay the outstanding fee.
I moved into the Belfry Hall in June 08 and paid my management fees. My fees as far as i was concerned were for July 07 - June 08. Now they are giving me 6 days to pay an amount of €295 which i have never been informed of at all.

I also think they have balls of steel as Block B was not handed over to them until Oct 07 therefore they are being paid from June - Oct for sitting on their arses and doing nothing.
I think it is an outrage, and i was just wondering is anyone else as pissed off as i am about this . I am getting onto my solicitor straight away as i am defo not going to pay.

And by the way Sandra is in today i was talking to her this morning. She obviously cannot handle the volume of calls she is receiving about this.

Sorry for the rant.

Emma

Ella

Emma, Sandra phoned me back this afternoon and told me that she would get back to me re fees. She was unaware that there was a period of time between residents getting their keys and the Blocks being handed over to ODPM from the developers. She stated that ODPM has extensive experience with new developments like Belfry hall and that this matter probably isn't new to them. When I spoke with finance dept earlier today I made it clear that I would not be signing into a direct debit mandate until I received a revision of fees and furthermore that as a result of this 'oversight' I expected more time to sign up to a direct debit if I chose to do so!! I got the impression that I won't get the extra time re direct debit!!! I have to admit that I found Sandra helpful, and also, she did return my call which is a lot more than I ever got from David D!!!

I have to agree with you about their 'nerve' because I'm certain this issue has come up before and there might be people who'll just pay the amount asked and not query it!!!

Hart

Quick update - just had a call from the Finance dept in ODPM. I was told the letter doesn't apply to those who paid the full €1307 on closing since 1 July. Any payment adjustments only apply before that date and anyone who moved in after that date will receive a reduction on next years fees based on how many months they are in residence, i.e. if you moved in, in September 2007, you will be refunded the difference or those two months the next time charges are due, hope this makes sense?

Hart

Sorry, I just realised this doesn’t solve the problem for those of you who moved in before 1 July and received no service. I wouldn’t let up on that issue either – the cheek of them refusing to deal with issues and then try and charge.

SMC

Quick update - just had a call from the Finance dept in ODPM. I was told the letter doesn't apply to those who paid the full €1307 on closing since 1 July. Any payment adjustments only apply before that date and anyone who moved in after that date will receive a reduction on next years fees based on how many months they are in residence, i.e. if you moved in, in September 2007, you will be refunded the difference or those two months the next time charges are due, hope this makes sense?
I'm in the same position as you Hart. Moved into Block B in October, paid full €1307 and now there is a charge for the extra €195. Can I just confirm that this extra charge does not apply and do you know when the next payments are due. I actually assumed that we would not have to pay until a year after the original payment ie: October.