Management Company & Fees

CO'L

has anybody been made to pay mgt fees yet?
I would have presumed that since they dont take over until the builders are off site that we don't pay them until they actually are taking care of the site

cookiemon136

If you don't mind me asking just what did you pay €960.00 for? I presume you have your own hall door and are not sharing a communal entrance with anyone else? Are you 2 or 3 bed property, and if so what is your sq footage of your apartment? I'm a little taken aback by what you've had to pay.

thekilns_Hugh

Paying the management fee is part of the process signing for the house. You won't get the keys until its paid. Our solicitor got an exact breakdown of it from the management company, I think. It documents everything exactly. The main reason they are high is that they include block insurance.

MonkeeMan

Hi Hugh,
Just out of interest did the breakdown you recieved include anything for security, or gates. Also what dates did they cover?
Cheers

kilnsb4

Very little breakdown available, includes the house insurance and the refuse collection.
Will be given a allowance against next years fee for any portion not used in the current year (31/12/2006) ie €960 for the year will be given 9 months allowance next year. Not 100% on this but did not have much of a choice as no building insurance confirmation, no mortgage, no keys.

I would expect the management fees next year to be in the region of €1500 minimum and problaly inexcess of this for the units in the apartment blocks with lifts. Broken down as follows:

Building Insurance €350
Refuse Collection €400
General upkeep of development €250
Sinking Fund €300
Other €200

These figures are of the top of my head but seem reasonable, I am in a three bed and when the budgets are done for 2007 my service charge should not include maintenance of the lifts or common areas within the blocks.

steveyd

Hi kilnsb4,

Are you saying the managment fees we paid on closing are only up until the year end and then I presume in JAn we will get another bill for 1500Euro???

Thanks

kilnsb4

Thats my understanding of it, a allowance is given for the portion not used for example I moved in 1 October paid €960 I get a allowance of €720 against next years fee and have to pay €780 for 2007, if the fee for 2007 is €1,500.

spark

Posts relating to the Management Company and the fees incurred should be placed here. All of the above posts were removed from the Security Gates thread and inserted here as this issue, while related, deserves its own thread.

steveyd

managment fees

Hi,

Does anyone no when we will be getting a bill for the Mgmt fees or in what month of the year we will get them?

CO'L

wasn't there a letter from management company with the details of an general meeting, and that management fees would be discussed then.
Think it was scheduled for July.

you could always call management company and ask them!

kilnsb4

Anyone any taughts on the recently issued 2007 - 2008 services charges
Cuala charging €21k for the development of which over €7 relates to the block 8
Apartments in B8 & 9 paying for the common areas charges seems to be spilt appropriately

kilnsb4

In a previous development I was in the service charge was lumped in together and divided by square footage.

Resulting in the stand alone units being billed for the common areas and lift expenses in the apartment blocks

Cuala have spilt the expenses solely relating to Block 8 and 9 and have therefore spilt the expenses appropriately hope this clears thing up for you

beachman

I hear the management fees for this year are being cut. i was wondering were we going to be clobbered. it seems not. can't be many places where the fee is heading south and not the opposite direction. good news at last :)

mearnog

Can I just confirm something. Did everyone pay their fees last year in July?

If so, why are they being charged now in May. I had budgeted to pay this in July

Was last years payment for only 10 months?? I havent had the chance to find last years invoice yet

beachman

i paid mine in April so it's 12 months for me. you can pay by direct debit if you don't fancy doing it in a one-er

Lenguy

Does anyone know who the directors of the Management Company are? Cuala are the agent employed by the Management Company, but it is our directors who approve the budget and annual fee etc.