Mains Water Supply issues

Shrike

Phoned the emergency number for the council and they know nothing, no work being done. Out of hours number for management company keeps say that "all operators are busy" - as if. Still none the wiser.

Minnie~dip

Shrike - you're ringing the wrong number.
I rang both the council & the management company immediately after posting here, both answered and the water was back on within the hour!

Shrike

Hi Minnie

The water came back on just before 10 pm last night - heard the air locks and had to run my taps.

Got a call back from management company this afternoon and they admitted they didn't know what the problem was - kept trying to blame the council. I mentioned that none of the pumps in the underground garage were making noise/cycling and mangement co guy then said he'd get that looked into to see if it was a pump problem. Water seems to be fine today.

S

2QuietPeople

Water

Hi

Our water is still not working properly, the tap in the kitchen is okay when running cold but the bathrooms tap pressure is very low and toilet will only flush once or twice. Which county council should I ring or is it the managment company I need to get in touch with? :confused:

Shrike

Hi there

St Edmunds, as far as I know, is part of South Dublin County Council (www.sdcc.ie). My water is working fine now, apart from some residual air locks when I used washing machine and dish washer. Probably best to get on to management company first though. Their number is 01 8715480.

Hope this helps.

S

2QuietPeople

Thanks for that, yeah rang county council and they said it was an internal problem, will ring managament company and see what they say. We have not paid our management fees as we are disputing the fees and what they are actually doing i.e. cleaning windows etc. We have asked for breakdown on numerous occassions but they will not give it to us therefore we have not paid. I wonder will that affect them supplying our water, we will see! I don't see how they can target one apartment it would have to be the block. I live in Hannah Square so will ask some neighbours tonight what's happening with their water.