Local Property Tax and valuations - any help?

AptDweller

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could offer any guidance on the LPT valuation for a 1 bed in Cedar Brook? The Revenue website seems to have it in the 0-100k bracket and Daft.ie have it valued in the same bracket (63k if located in Ballyfermot, 75k if in Parkwest, Cherry Orchard is not an option). As we get penalised for undervaluing based on what the other owners do I was hoping I could get a feel for this and see if we are all using the same bracket to value the property, might save some pain down the road.

EnG

Hi Aptdweller,
Did you get your official valuation ? I just got mine actually think they are gone mad, they have put us in band 9 = propert valued at 475,000, so that means they want 427 euro by July....i'm shocked that the valuation is so wrong, just shows that there is no system to their valuation process....quite laughable, if i could get that for our 2 bed i would be outta here, Cedarbrook is going into decline everyday, i am sick of the cheeky kids and dirt bike noise !!
My plan is to register at the price of the most recent sale and that was about 80k so they can have 45 euro off me. I watched the consumer show recently and that was what they advised - revenue would only chase properties that haven't filed....the valuations are unfair as i am sure people will be afraid not to pay what it says on the statement. I wonder did anyone else get such an obscure valuation.....?

Hac

Property tax

I have a 2 bedroom that I have already registered at 0-100k as there has been some 2 bedroom sold below 100k last year. The more people register at this value the more it will look to be at that value.

cazart1

I also got a 475,000 valuation for my 2bed and can't decide if I should be furious or collapse laughing. These guys are complete incompetents. 0-100k bracket is what I'll be registering at if I get around to it.

Hac

it's now only 0-100k on the revenue web site map. Maybe because a few people registered at that value they changed it

AptDweller

Thanks all

Hi all,

Thanks for the input.

I didn't get an official valuation as I didn't think it was worth the time and effort, plus they are obviously coming in at crazy amounts for some of you.

I went with €0-100k in the end as this is backed up by a few recent sales on the Daft website plus the Revenue and Daft websites agree with this (assuming a pre-2000 build).