Local Elections May 2014

Justin Sinnott

Dear Heywood Court Residents,

My name is Justin Sinnott and I am running as an Independent candidate in next May’s Local Elections. Like you I live in the Northwood Estate, in the Parklands apartments. I have decided to run because I want our estate to get the services and support it needs from Fingal County Council. We know what it’s like to live in a development that was built during the so-called “boom” years and have to fight continually for basic services. If we are expected to pay additional taxes to local government then those services must be delivered locally. We as apartment residents need a voice on Council. The Council needs a new approach, fresh ideas and a lot more than just good intentions.

I have worked on numerous issues that have affected our estate since I joined the Parklands Residents’ Committee in 2010. I successfully fought for the installation of Real Time Information for the city-bound bus stop and I am now lobbying for this to be extended to the bus stop that serves Swords. I have also worked with the Council to ensure the Northwood Lake is properly maintained and have recently secured a commitment that additional bins will be provided at the lake. I will continue to campaign for improvements to be made to the estate including repairs to the main road, better security and a greater say for residents’ groups in the management of the estate. Northwood and Santry need a voice on Fingal County Council. We do not have a voice on the current Council and I am asking for your support to help me get elected.

If I am elected my priorities will be:

1) Opposing any increase in the local property tax.
2) A fair deal for apartment residents on water charges.
3) Support for quality local services including sports clubs, recreational amenities and play areas.
4) Cleaner streets and a greener environment by tackling the illegal dumping of rubbish.
5) Working with the Gardaí to tackle anti-social behaviour.
6) Greater communications between the Council and residents.
7) A Citizen Service Charter so that the Council responds quickly to queries from the public.
8) The introduction of a user-friendly facility on the Fingal website and a dedicated phone
hotline to allow people raise issues and report repairs relevant to the local authority such as potholes, graffiti, and dangerous pavements.

Also if elected I will immediately propose Fingal County Council publishes an easy-to-understand annual breakdown of how residents’ taxes are being spent.

Above all I will fight to ensure that we get value for our taxes and the services that we pay for. More of the same isn't good enough.

I would welcome any feedback or comments. Also if there is any issue you wish to raise please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Best wishes

Justin Sinnott
justin.m.sinnott@gmail.com
www.justinsinnott.com
www.facebook.com/justinsinnottLE2014