Just bought

First off what a great idea for a forum hats off to who ever started it. Just about to buy under the affordable housing scheme stressed out over the pace of it would like to exchange ideas help opinions etc with anyone in a similar position,snagging, furnishing, management fees etc is all new to me, i saw a company that does a discount for group bookings on snagging, this is the sort of stuff i would like to talk about. Thanks in anticipation.

Topcat

How's it goin Sean? and a big hello to everyone in Carrigcourt.
I'd a viewing there last week but still haven't made up my mind.
I've a few questions if anyone can answer them.
Firstly what are the management fee costs? How many spaces are there in the underground carpark? and will the proposed Luas run right along the front of the development?
Thanks in advance!

Howdy Topcat, firstly management fees are 1400 but i,ve been told that you only have to insure apartment contents as a result, but still hardly a bargain, car parking i understand is a free for all, not sure whether the luas will go by the estate but terminal to be at dunnes stores so maybe it will come from that side, i put a deposit for a first floor apartment, metroland here i come.

spillac

Hi, new neighbours! I just bought an apt under the scheme too. I have my snag done about 2 months now. There wasn't really much to do on it - if you have any builder mates they should be able to do it no problem. The under ground parking is a free for all I think - not too sure how many spaces are there. As far as I can tell it is for everyone in the development. The Luas will stop at the shopping Centre and come down Fortunestown lane and onto Saggart.
Does anyone have any advice on commuting into the city centre? I need to be in Baggott St at 8.30 and leave at 6 on week days. Which is best - Bus (which one) or getting a feeder bus to the luas and going in that way? Thanks

Topcat

Thanks for the info Sean.
Had another look around last week so definately going ahead with purchase but do reckon each apartment should have a designated parking space. Worst case scenario of 2 cars to each apartment would there be enough spaces to go around?
Hey spillac,
I drive so I'm not sure of the bus routes.
check out this link http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/a_to_z_finder.asp
I've seen a 50X around Citywest but it's not listed on the schedule other than that the 50 will bring you into Pearse St.
Hope that's of some help!

Catch ya all later!

Hi new buyers.

I have been living in Carrig Court since May and i love it. its very peaceful and quiet and all the neighbours are really friendly. The management company seem to be very good so far. they come out every couple of weeks to look after the grounds. As far as i know the luas will be going behind us beside the new road up to citywest hotel. there is plently of parking in the underground car park. no designated spots. The houses have allocated two parking spaces so i cant see many house owners using the underground parking. The new citywest shopping centre has increased the value of the homes and also you just have to look at other houses that are beside the luas and the prices they have increased.

Marie McG

Hi Everybody

I have being living in Carrig Court since June and Im delighted to see the development is finally finished off. Its looking very nice now and I hope it stays that way. The luas will run up the front of the development and not up the new road they are building at the back. But this is been delayed till 2009 now.

Im living in the ground floor two bed at the front of the development and I found the site foreman John Boyle and Dermot to be fantastic and so helpful
with any issues I had.

I got a professional snag company to snag the apartment and I would strongly recommend them. Check out snagmyhome.ie
Very reasonable and they do two follow up inspections to make sure everthing gets done and even take pictures of the snags and also produce a report to give to the builder.

I understand there is a park been developed across the road from the shopping centre which will def add value too to our properties in the long term
and I heard there is designer stores going into the shopping village across the road too.

spillac

Hi, has anyone got their keys yet? I am hoping to get mine next week (but I have been hearing that for the last 6).

MissG

Hi Everyone
I'm thinking of putting a deposit down on an apt in the next couple of days and just wanted to see how everyone is finding things there? Would you recommend it as a nice place to live? Do you find it handy for shops and transport etc? It seems like a nice area but I'd like to get some feedback from people who are already there!

Hi Miss G,

well i have been living here since May. I love it. it is so quiet and the neighbours are nice. The Management company seem to be ok so far bins are collected and grounds etc are been kept good. The Citywest shopping centre is great and handy and more shops are still to go in. The bus service is pretty good 50 and 65B generally one or the other every 20 mins. 50 is great flys into town if you are going on a night out. The luas should be up and running 2009 which will be great and will also add value to the properties. I intially thought when i moved to Saggart that it was a little out. since moving here i have been proved wrong. the nass road and tallaght bypass are great. you can get to the square in 5 mins or so.
hope i have answered some of your questions

spillac

Hi,
moved in here about 8 wks ago and have no complaints so far. It is a very quiet area and neighbours seem very nice. The builders have been ecellent - I have ben dealing with John Boyle and Dermot Flood and found them to be really helpful.
The shopping centre is really handy altough it would be nice if it had more shops but the Dunnes is great. Avoca is really handy too and Tallaght has prety much everything in it.

MissG

Thanks for your input guys! I put a deposit down yesterday! Now the scary part starts! Hopefully it will be a fairly fast process as the apt is ready for snagging already! I think I will use the people mentioned above snagmyhome or something. Has anybody used them or anyone else? I'm also looking for tips on laminate/wooden floors. I'd like to get them organised but don;t want to pay a fortune! I don't think I'd be up to doing anything like that myself tho!!

spillac

Hi,

congrats!

For the snag you could try a guy called Raddock - Dermot Flod the Foreman for Durkans recommended him to me for some jobs i needed done around the apt. He used to work for Durkans but has gone out on his own now doing snags/ painting ans decorating. if you pm me I ca send you his number.
I got my floors from Des Kelly and found them to be a nightmare to deal with so wouldn't really recommend them again.

best of luck.

SuziQ

Hi All,

We did our snag list last week and hope to have it finished next week (damn those builders holidays i Want to move in now :() So we hope to close next week well we better close next week cos Ive got the carpenter for the floors n wardrobes sorted , the sparky for d alarm n also the guy to fit my gas cooker will all be round the end of next week!!!! God I hope nothing holds us up....

Neway Howdy new neighbours.... :D

MissG

Hi SuziQ
I'm in the exact same position! Had snag done 2 weeks ago and they're only getting started on it now because of the hols! Hopefully it won't take long! How come you have somebody coming in for the wardrobes? Are they not fitted already? Can't wait to get in!

SuziQ

Hay MissG

We rang John today and he said he was hoping to be finished by fri but we av a wedding this weekend so wont be closing till nxt week.... Our wardrobes are fitted but its just all hanging space I want it seperated and shelves on one side..... Im just a fussy bitch haha!!

MissG

that's great SuziQ! When I spoke to him last week he pretty much said the same thing. It'll prob be monday before we hear anything but I guess I better start organising floors n furniture etc! Roll on moving day! :p

SuziQ

Exactly..... I want to be moved in yesterday!!!!!! All the stress is starting to fizzle out and finally I can feel some excitement surfacing and i cant wait....