Insulation

FunkyCow

Has anyone got any problems with insulation of the 1st floor above the porch in 3 bed semis? I have a cold spot there and this is making the room much colder than the rest of the upstairs. Unfortunately I am not getting any joy with Durkan whether this area has been insulated,

Craig

Insulation on the whole both sound and heat I think is poor, not entirey sure which area you're referring to but at a guess could it the cold spot be coming from the attic hatch, as this isn't insuated at all.

FunkyCow

The attic hatch should be insulated - mine is (foam insulation glued on).

If you own a 3 bed semi and stand in bare feet on the spot above the porch in the small bedroom you may notice it is colder than the rest of the room.

Craig

For sure my hatch isn't insulated no point talking to Durkans as it's a waste of time plus planning to fit a new lot ladder anyway.
Slightly off topic but whoever came up the bright idea of screwing the window vents open is not the sharpest tac in the box...heat just pours out those vents.
I managed to remove most but sadly not all of the screws in the vents and close these in winter trust me this makes a huge difference.

Can't say I've noticed this particular cold spot, majority of ours are at the windows where vents are still open and both front and back doors going to have to do something with the doors as our hallway is generally very cold in comparison and means need to close living room or kitchen door otherwise there is alot of cold drafts.