Hi Everyone

pointy

Hi All,

Just looking at the site and its been really quiet for a while now! Are we all hibernating??

P

kildare_Razor

Hi Pointy

I`m still alive,I check the site every week but there doesn`t seem to be any new updates.Hope all is well your end.

Razor

pointy

Hi Razor,

All is well, a bit worried about the fact that there seems to have been a few break ins in Rathangan recently. One of the empty houses was broken into also. Just concerned as so many of us are commuting and leaving the houses for long periods during the day. If I remember correctly this happened this time last year also. Other than that not much change, its a shame to see so many of the houses empty!

P

kildare_Razor

Hi Pointy

Yep,same time last year,breakins!!
Your right,with everybody out working during the day,its easy pickings alrite.
Some of the unsold houses where broken into as well as occupied houses??
I didnt hear anything my end.I have noticed a couple of caravans down by the canal on the left hand side if your heading from our estate.They`ve been there a couple of months now,its hard to see them as they`re sheltered by the trees.
I hope thats an end of it as the Christmas hols are approaching and I`m sure alot of people will be heading away for a few days.

Razor

pointy

Hiya,

There were some units in the business park broken into also. I dont know if there were any occupied houses broken into. I know there definitely was an empty house broken into. Its very unerving though, especially this time of year. I also found out something interesting last night, that the builders, Cumberwal have gone bang! That leaves me wondering who owns all those empty houses now, the banks I suppose! I think next year will be a tough one for everyone!
P

kildare_Razor

Hi P

If Cumberwall has gone bang,was he not just the builder for Abbey Court homes??
Hopefully abbey Court homes still own the houses because if the banks do they`ll sell them at whatever price they want just to clear the debt!! Anyway,not to worry unless people are planning to sell in the next couple of months.

I`ll let my neighbours know of the breakins and the more eyes we have watching the better it is for everybody.

Razor

pointy

Hi Again,

I am not sure who owns them to be honest, Abbey Court are useless in my opinion and cannot be relied on for anything. You may have seen my other posts where i talked about having an issue with my kitchen ceiling, an issue I am still waiting on them to sort out! The fact that they still havent repaired the french doors on the house that was broken into only helps to make my point.

Anyway, I noticed the police have been in an out a lot since, just checking out everything so maybe that will deter them! It justs worrying at this time of year with so many people being out at work all day too.

Anyhoo, I will keep my ears and eyes open and let you know if you if I hear any more on the grapevine!

P

saly

Hi All,

good to hear from you Razor and Pointy. Thanks for the update on the break ins. I noticed that one of the empty house had been broken into. Will keep an eye out.

That is bad news about the builders. I'm wondering if something goes wrong with the house (touch wood) who will sort it! We had a problem with one of the windows and we went directly to the window company. They came and replaced it very quickly. They said we had to pay €60 but we complained that it was within the year of buying the house. They never came looking for the money!

Did any of you know that there is a grease trap in the back garden. We were not aware of this as the builder never told us. Someone told us that all new houses have them and they need to be emptied. We emptied ours......... not a nice job yuck!!! :eek: Dreading emptying it again.

pointy

Hi Saly,

Yes I have heard that there is a grease trap in the back alright but I havent opened it up yet. I probably should at this stage!

I have had a problem with a leak recently and just happened to have the plumbers number in the phone so i called them. They came out and sorted in it fairness but in the process had to cut two large enough holes in the ceiling of the downstairs toilet. I was given the foremans number and called about repairing/replacing the ceiling and he said he would take a look last friday. I then got a text to say he couldnt make it till monday or tuesday. I havent heard a word. I tried getting in touch with no luck.

I also left messages for abbey court and I am still waiting on them to get back to me. They are useless. The builders finish tomorrow so I havent got a hope of getting this fixed for Christmas! So I guess the answer is god knows who is responsible if something goes wrong with the house! I wouldnt be holding my breath for Abbey Court!

P

Vienna

Cumberwal & Abbey Court Homes Preston Brook

If Cumbarwal who are the builders have gone broke (They certainly have a large judgement against them )They were only the builder The Homebond Guarentee should still cover the houses if they were registered with Homebond worth checking.Abbey Court Homes Is NOT a company it is a Partnership between an Accountant called Michael Walsh of Waterford and a James Cummins who appears to be a Fencing Contractor called JNC Fencing If it them who own the empty houses and have the homebond lets hope they are very rich because if anyone has to proceed against them they will have to go after their personal assets.

pointy

Hi Vienna,

Abbey Court Homes own the empty/unsold houses. Whether its a company or partnership isn't relevent as far as i can see. In fairness this is a fairly old thread but I know for a fact that the people involved in this partnership still to this day cannot be depended on to come back and address ANY issues unless its a snag on a recently sold house. They wouldnt even cut the grass during the summer, that was left to the residents to sort out! Its only in the last week they have decided to fix the street lights so we can see where we're going!

People have given up on them.

P