Green bag (recycling) collection on Thursday night

jaykai

The green bags that were gave out some months ago will be collected on 22nd January and every fortnightly (5/02/2010-19/02/2010-5/03/2010 and so on).

Leave your bags outside the gates at the front of Bertram Court on the Thursday nights.

If you haven't got any green bags, ordinary black bags will do.

See www.greenbin.ie for a collection calander or for more details if required, or telephone: 1890 342 342 / 01 465 8900.

Help save our environment!

MacDara

Is this still actually happening? There's a notice in the corner at the gate outside saying 'no dumping by order of management'. There's nowhere else to put the green bags - none of the dumpsters in the shed are labelled for recycling.

jaykai

Is this still actually happening? There's a notice in the corner at the gate outside saying 'no dumping by order of management'. There's nowhere else to put the green bags - none of the dumpsters in the shed are labelled for recycling.
Last year this system was working well, there must've been about 25-35 bags put outside and collected every fortnight. The green bin collection lorry was late a few times which meant the bags were sitting there a day.

The management (yer man with the brown coat who is always around - thinking he is lord of the manor) started putting the bags in with the ordinary rubbish, in the shed. This meant people were giving up, as they were saving their recycling for 2 weeks, then it was getting turfed out with the rest of the rubbish, so there wasn't any point.

A couple of my neighbours saw the same fella taking the green bags out of people's letter boxes when they were delivered.

The next day for collection is Friday the 5th February, so I think we should leave our bags out on Thursday night. I'll phone the greenbin.ie people to make sure they don't forget about us.

Spread the word.