Grass in public areas

tlogan

Can anyone advise whose responsibility it is to cut the grass in open areas in the estate... it was contracted to a company and paid by the subscriptions...

tosullivan

Moderator (Gleann na Riogh)
Tony, my wife spoke a few months ago with the builder and asked would he be willing to cut the greens, as the estate is still not handed over to the CoCo. He did at the time, probably because it benefitted them aswell to make the place look presentable as they were trying to sell the 2 houses in the Close across from the green that the grass was up nearly 2ft. The planning application is in at the moment for the coucil to take ownership and until that it is in limbo. I suppose the builder is still responsible until then, is my guess. Subs haven't been collected in probably a year or 2 for grass cutting.

foneill

Grass Cutting

Tom,
Subs were collected up to this year. However, we were told that not enough subs were collected last year to contract for all the green areas and so the largest of these suffered.
At the present time the kitty is empty as far as the residents association goes.
Next time I think proper book-keeping and record taking where money is concerned is a priority as we never received a statement of account at any stage over the past years.

tosullivan

Moderator (Gleann na Riogh)
foneill said:
Tom,
Subs were collected up to this year. However, we were told that not enough subs were collected last year to contract for all the green areas and so the largest of these suffered.
At the present time the kitty is empty as far as the residents association goes.
Next time I think proper book-keeping and record taking where money is concerned is a priority as we never received a statement of account at any stage over the past years.
Feargal, I presume you mean that subs were collected for 2005 and not for 2006?

I requested by letter from the secretary of the RA in 2003, a statement of accounts to show where the money had been used, but got no response.

I don't recall any collection for this year but I could be wrong.

CoCo has said PP has been passed but there is a bit of red tape to be passed first before handover is completed. After that, we should get the grass cut by them.

foneill

tosullivan said:
Feargal, I presume you mean that subs were collected for 2005 and not for 2006?

I requested by letter from the secretary of the RA in 2003, a statement of accounts to show where the money had been used, but got no response.

I don't recall any collection for this year but I could be wrong.

CoCo has said PP has been passed but there is a bit of red tape to be passed first before handover is completed. After that, we should get the grass cut by them.
Sorry you are right it was for 2005. Jeesh time flies by............

I think an initial letter went around informing us that subs would be collected for 2006 but that was the last I heard of it. There was obviously a difficulty experienced by the Association to recruit willing road reps. It is a difficult job and peoples time is a premium so I guess those difficulties manifested themselves into a poor return of subs from around the entire estate. They had to economise I suppose. :eek: