Football damaging patio doors

Tuulia

I live in the Academy on the ground floor with the bedroom patio windows facing the courtyard. Kids playing football (on a daily basis) means the ball is hitting the windows numerous times. I am worried the windows will get damaged.
I have contacted the management company and they asked me to identify which apartments the kids come from,so they can contact the parents. This is not easy to do. I asked them who is liable if the windows get damaged and they said, the parents of the kids. Obviously if I don't know who the parents are, it would be difficult to take action against them.
I have asked the kids to stop playing many times. They go away and come back again. I can't believe that I just have to accept that my windows will have a ball smashed against them countless times everyday. What are my rights in this regard?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thoie

I live in the Academy on the ground floor with the bedroom patio windows facing the courtyard. Kids playing football (on a daily basis) means the ball is hitting the windows numerous times. I am worried the windows will get damaged.
I have contacted the management company and they asked me to identify which apartments the kids come from,so they can contact the parents. This is not easy to do. I asked them who is liable if the windows get damaged and they said, the parents of the kids. Obviously if I don't know who the parents are, it would be difficult to take action against them.
I have asked the kids to stop playing many times. They go away and come back again. I can't believe that I just have to accept that my windows will have a ball smashed against them countless times everyday. What are my rights in this regard?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Difficult one - we can't really make the kids wear badges with their apartment numbers on them :)

Have you tried spending some time in the courtyard and see if you can identify parents of the kids? Alternatively you could try writing a note and asking the kids to give it to their parents, but realistically most kids will just throw that away.

The managing agent can't really identify the kids any easier - the best they could do is send a note to all apartments asking people to supervise their kids and to warn them against property damage, but I doubt that would help a lot.

Hi there, I have the same problem, door getting hammered on a regular basis by football, with previous management company the security guys would move the kids on if they played football but now nothing is done, no enforcement of rules, frustrating, only a matter of time before windows are smashed and will have to shell out to get it fixed. Always thought it would have been a good idea to tarmac the area between the academy and the road to give the kids a place to play football, now the courtyard is a playground which it was not designed for.

Tuulia

Hi there, I have the same problem, door getting hammered on a regular basis by football, with previous management company the security guys would move the kids on if they played football but now nothing is done, no enforcement of rules, frustrating, only a matter of time before windows are smashed and will have to shell out to get it fixed. Always thought it would have been a good idea to tarmac the area between the academy and the road to give the kids a place to play football, now the courtyard is a playground which it was not designed for.
Did you mention your idea to Alan?

Tuulia

Difficult one - we can't really make the kids wear badges with their apartment numbers on them :)

Have you tried spending some time in the courtyard and see if you can identify parents of the kids? Alternatively you could try writing a note and asking the kids to give it to their parents, but realistically most kids will just throw that away.

The managing agent can't really identify the kids any easier - the best they could do is send a note to all apartments asking people to supervise their kids and to warn them against property damage, but I doubt that would help a lot.

They have just sent a letter to all apartments which includes this issue but as you said, I doubt this will help.