Favourite Broadband Privider

donalogue

Hi guys,

I was previously a Virgin customer, but I left last year after getting frustrated with their appalling service desk and constant connection dropping (which would return hours before a scheduled engineer was due to arrive).

First of all, I think it's astonishing that the broadband in the area is still quite slow in contrast to other parts of Dublin. Does anyone have any insight into this? My apartment reaches a speed of 13Mbps (which is what that Up to 30Mbps really means, I guess. I used fast.com). I'm with Magnet but I understand that most lines are the same ones. Has anyone had better experiences or know if there are any scheduled updates for the complex?
The speed is fine for everyday use (I can stream Netflix, etc at 1080p with no bother) but I feel I could be getting better value for my money...

jbravo

I'm still with Virgin media and for my needs it seems ok but I agree broadband options in the Gasworks are very limited which is strange considering the estate is in the middle of the city and right next to Google. Does anyone know why for example eir fibre is not available here?

Smythbrian7

I'm still with Virgin media and for my needs it seems ok but I agree broadband options in the Gasworks are very limited which is strange considering the estate is in the middle of the city and right next to Google. Does anyone know why for example eir fibre is not available here?
Hi i just got the new hub 3 from virgin. Wifi speed of 240 its fab :)