Eircom connection

sburs

Hello All. Applied for a phone line today from Eircoms website. Has anyone already in residence had any issues with Eircom over installation? Is it an efficient connection service?

sburs

Hello All.
Was on to Eircom just now and they told me that work was supposed to have been completed by beginning of this month but there has been a delay and that they would have a further update for me if I ring them saturday and quote my order number. I presume that residents have not been able to get sky installed as there aren't any landlines yet?

cork_Neighbour

Sky

As far as I know Sburs , you no longer need to have a phone line to install Sky. Other alternative is Chorus - you don't need a landline for that and can have multiple connections without paying the price of additional boxes like with Sky

abrown15

I presume that residents have not been able to get sky installed as there aren't any landlines yet?
You can opt out from the landline now - I think that it costs a nominal fee (or is used to, just that Sky never really made this very well known!!) - Also, if you are moving your Sky account from your old address and have had it for over 12 months, you also don't need a landline - when I moved they also gave me 3 months half price subs!!

sburs

Rang Eircom today and was told that all that needs doing is for the Eircom techy to come into the house and do some internal wiring to get going. The customer service lad emailed the exchange in Cork asking them to do so..Told them that all any tech had to do was go to the site office and get the keys to complete work. But, why do I have a feeling that i'm still no where near getting this sorted...?!