Eating out \ Pubs

flojo

I was given a great piece of advice when I first moved into Trim and that was to stay this side of the bridge for pubs with the older generation. In saying that since the Judge was revamped it is quite nice to have a quick drink.

Brogans have a new menu, the food has greatly improved from when it first opened (teething problems, I would say)! The music is great on a Friday night.

Busaba is a great place for a relaxed atmosphere and they are great with kids.

Trim Castle - Jules restaurant very posh!! and the food is excellent, but mind your p's & q's :eek:

Lenihan's is a fab. pub, lively and very friendly people drink there, although it is the most expensive pub in town, but they put cute little napkins in longneck bottled drinks :rolleyes:

Sally's is not bad for an afternoon drink or Sunday drink sitting on the balcony enjoying the sunshine.

So not to look like a total alcoholic the walk down by the Boyne is fab. a great way to clear the cobwebs from the head and realise it was the right decision to move to Trim.

Lackanash Man

Moderator (Lackanash)
Lenihan's is a fab. pub, lively and very friendly people drink there, although it is the most expensive pub in town, but they put cute little napkins in longneck bottled drinks :rolleyes:

I'm particularly fond of the 2 dogs in Lenihan's. They're very friendly and walk around like lounge staff checking all the tables! :D

Seymore

Busaba is a great place for a relaxed atmosphere and they are great with kids.

I've never sat in to eat here but I'm v impressed with their take-away. The staff are extremely friendly!

I've always wondered what the Marigold take away is like ?
It's the wrong end of town for Lackanash folk but I wonder am I missing out on something ?

Anyone any opinions...

flojo

I've never sat in to eat here but I'm v impressed with their take-away. The staff are extremely friendly!

It's the wrong end of town for Lackanash folk but I wonder am I missing out on something ?

Anyone any opinions...

I have eaten in the Marigold the food was fine but the staff where not that friendly.

Has anyone tried the new chinese above Sally Rogers?

Lackanash Man

Moderator (Lackanash)
Has anyone tried the new chinese above Sally Rogers?

I haven't personally eaten there (Wau's) but I did hear from a neighbour that it was great. He said that the menu was good, the portions were generous and the staff were good with his kids. They have kid-friendly menus too.

It's another place on my list to visit...

(I still haven't been inside the castle :eek: )

Anyone any opinions...
if you like your food really fresh thats the place to go the others serve chinese style chipper foood

Lackanash Man

Moderator (Lackanash)
I recently had a very nice meal in the Trim Castle Hotel. It was in the cheaper restaurant at the back! Nice simple food and priced accordingly.

Lackanash Man

Moderator (Lackanash)
I have now also eaten the food from Wau! It was take-away (delivered) so I can't comment on the ambience of the place.

The delivery time, on a busy Saturday night (7pm) was just over 45 mins which was very good. The food was delicious. I had the sezchuan (sp?) shredded chicken which I will definitely get again. I was nicely full after the meal but didn't have the stuffed feeling that I sometimes get with inferior quality food.

Overall a thumbs up for the Wau delivery service! :D